Company : David Sims Photography Ltd
Job Location : London, England, GB
Posted on : 2020-07-23
Job Description :
Digital Technician for London Based PhotographerThis is a rare opportunity to work at the highest level within the photographic industry; the successful candidate will have a special relationship with the photographer and his immediate team.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working in similar environments where a strong work ethic, discretion, dedication and an ability to work in a high pressure team is a must.
Key Relationships:- Photographer- 1st Assistant- Post Production Manager- RetouchersThe Role:- Purchasing and hiring all digital equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring equipment is delivered and collected to the shoot location.
- Ensuring quality checks of all incoming equipment to ensure it is the highest industry standard.
- Liaising with senior staff and external clients to clarify technology requirements.
- Ensuring you are aware of the creative brief, image count and deliverables before all shoots.
Managing the digital files on all of the photographer’s shoots and ensuring the files are prepared for the retouchers,clients and archiving.
- On-set responsible for taking notes and passing this information to the photographer and retouching department.
Alsoresponsible for checking all images are in focus, colour correcting and ensuring the images are in a manageable andusable state, whilst matching the client’s brief.
- Backing up and processing of all files to hard drives.
- Delivering the files to the retouchers and preparing the final edit for presentation to the Photographer.
This alsoincludes uploading this information to Basecamp so a note of the edit is made.
- Setting up and managing the digital capture equipment to the highest industry standard (cleaning, replenishingconsumables, ensuring all is in the best possible condition and delivered to the shoot locations on time).
- Managing the carnet for all equipment when travelling to a country outside of the EU.
- Printing image maps and notes on any shots taken.
- Printing the selects.
- Sending the initial edit to both the photographer and their agent at the end of the shoot.
- Maintenance and preparation of on set music equipment.
- Coordinating and managing software and hardware updates.
, this includes researching technological advancementsand investing in digital solutions .
- Ad-hoc requests from Photographer and the photo team.
Skills Required:- Minimum 5 Years Experience- Exceptional Knowledge of Capture1 Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Chronosync, Basecamp and MAC.
- Excellent Communication Skills- Ability to Work Under Tight Deadlines