Company : FitXR
Job Location : null, gb
Posted on : 2021-05-09
Job Description :
We believe in a future where you can exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park or at home - enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
To achieve this vision we are first building the world’s first virtual gym.
We started life in a garden shed in Woking.
Today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App [FitXR](https://www.
com/watch?v=6DEbnbjqHlM), one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores.
We have big plans for the future, and our growing team of developers, marketers and fitness gurus are working to create some truly iconic games to show that staying fit and having fun are not mutually exclusive.
*About the role:*As an Engineering Manager working across multiple agile teams at FitXR, we expect you to have a strong and balanced combination of technical and people-ops skills.
Whilst the primary role is to manage employees, you should still be an expert in programming fundamentals, architecture and delivery.
Through that experience, you will be able to coach, lead and influence our engineers to create a high-performing and thriving environment.
When you’re not involved in the technical details, you will be driving the growth of your teams through hiring, coaching, performance management and maintaining strong communication links to other disciplines throughout the business.
If you have the technical chops to go deep, yet retain the ability to focus on higher-level business and product goals all whilst having a passion for growing engineering teams - this is the role for you.
*Responsibilities:** Support the growth and wellbeing of your direct reports through regular 1:1’s, goal setting and mentoring.
* Represent the engineers across the business and remove hurdles to enable each team member to operate at the highest level of efficiency and productivity.
* Work with other leaders to proactively drive organisational improvements such as career frameworks, performance reviews, team culture, workflow, and hiring.
* Champion quality and engineering excellence to ensure building and maintaining performant, scalable and reliable systems.
* Setup the right level of engineering processes and structure within the agile teams and engineering chapters * Responsible for understanding, recommending and adapting to new technologies, tools, methods and processes* Line management of around 8 software engineers with experience ranging from Unity application to back-end services and infrastructure.
* Grow a diverse, highly-skilled group of engineers, gaining fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace.
* Ability to contribute and constructively challenge decisions related to Architecture, Development and Operational processes, Product and Features.
* Become instrumental in improving and implementing processes and values that scale effectively*Requirements:* * Experience building and leading technical teams.
* Superb interpersonal skills, capable of working with multi-functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management.
* Ability to accept and deliver feedback in a constructive manner.
* Proven project management skills, including excellent presentation skills.
* Capable of writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation and operating procedures.
* Proficient with modern C#, .
NET fundamentals, frameworks and practices.
* Collaborative and supportive style to encourage your team to continually optimise their code.
* Experience working on projects using Agile methodologies like Kanban.
* Familiar with video game development workflows and the Unity game engine.
* Ability to inform and influence senior stakeholders on the right trade-offs when dealing with functional complexity, conflicting priorities and aggressive schedules.
* Proven ability to solve problems, an interest in continuous learning and digging deep into the domain when necessary.
* Ability to leverage both quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive great decision making.
* Comfortable in translating technical concepts into language for audiences, including software engineers, business and technical leaders.
* Technical understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)-♂️ Flexible office hours (core working hours typically 10-4) Six monthly salary reviews with regular market benchmarkingStock options brand new equipment and VR headset⛑ Health insurance Unlimited leave policy, we encourage a minimum of 33 days including bank holidays Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme Bi-annual offsite and regular get-togethers A great team of talented individuals who love what we do * Culture and role discovery with people team * Technical run through with Senior Engineering Manager * Round robin stage with Engineers and CTO * Final meeting with one of our Founders Plenty of opportunity for Q&A and culture discovery inbetween.
NET, Unity3D, C#