Company : QinetiQ
Job Location : Orpington, England, GB
Posted on : 2020-10-19
Job Description :
Position Description:As part of the Platform Services team, Platforms Engineers effectively monitor, manage and develop the company’s IT solutions throughout the QinetiQ IT Estate to ensure customer satisfaction in all services provided.
As a Platforms Engineer, assess and administer improvements to all Group IT managed systems to ensure the continual improvement of operating effectiveness and efficiency in line with the change process and IT Strategy.
The Platform Services team are responsible for virtual and physical server estate, both Microsoft and Linux based and the hosting infrastructure supporting the virtual server environment.
In addition they manage domain services as well as communications technologies such as Exchange and Skype for Business.
This role will be focused around QinetiQ IT’s Systems Management solution, developing implementing improvements and optimizations.
• Support Transformation and Operations teams, in delivery of IT Services to QinetiQ• Incident management and resolution across QinetiQ’s IT server Infrastructure• Administration, Monitoring and optimization of corporately managed Active Directories and associated domain services including system backup and DR policies and procedures.
• Undertake System Management and Administration across all systems within Platforms Services remit• Administration, monitoring and development of corporately managed messaging services including but not limited to Microsoft Exchange and Skype for Business software.
• Lead the evaluation and installation of new software releases, system upgrades, and system patches• Assist with the deployment and analysis of new technologies and enhancements to existing systems • Ensure relevant system/service documentation is full and complete and communicate any shortfalls to colleagues and line management.
Pro-actively identify candidates for ‘Pre-Approved’ Changes.
• Maintain a Configuration Record of all systems deployed.
• Compliance with security policies and requirements and active configuration and maintenance of security standards across Group IT technologies• Production and management of IT Operations documentation to current standards.
• Comply with configuration control requirements • Contribute to the maintenance of QinetiQ Disaster Recovery capabilities General• Professional and confident approach to customer based work• Excellent analytical, interpersonal and organization skills• Maintain current market knowledge• Ability to work well within a team environment as well as independently• Great project management, communication and organization skills.
• Ability to produce technical documents and procedures• Strong organisational and administrative skills• Identify personal development / training for the teams• Willingness to travel occasionally, usually within the UK but occasionally overseas.
• Security Clearance (SC) is required for this role and must be maintained.
Technical• Extensive knowledge of systems/endpoints management solutions specifically SCCM 2016/2019• Extensive knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO and other domain service functions• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Server 2008/2012/2016 (Windows 7 & 10 advantageous)• Extensive knowledge of endpoint solutions• Experience in application packaging technologies and solutions• Experience in administering Linux Operating Systems including CentOS and Redhat• Extensive knowledge of VMWare ESX/vSphere administration• Working knowledge of Enterprise level storage solutions• A clear understanding of IT Security Standards in an enterprise environment• Experience in backup technologies • MCSE, MCP, MCSA or equivalent experience.
• VCP certification or equivalent experience.
• RHCE or equivalent.
• Strong system analysis experience required• Experience in a service delivery, best practice environment preferred• ITIL v3.
0 Framework Certificate or equivalent experience of an ITIL Service Management Implementation.
• Knowledge of ISO 27001Position Requirements:QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets.
We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems.
Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving.
Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?Job DetailsFunctional Area: Information TechnologiesPosition Type: Full Time - PermanentExperience Required: Not IndicatedDepartment: Group.
Education Required: Senior business or technical qualificationRelocation Provided: No