Company : Amey
Job Location : England, gb
Posted on : 2021-04-15
Job Description :
Principal Engineering Manager TRU Rail CEM
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK.
We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.
1bn and a strong forward order-book.
Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do.
We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure.
We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services.
All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset.
You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges.
People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing.
There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one.
You’ll be stretched but always supported.
Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey
To manage and develop the W3 engineering team within the TRU West Alliance.
To ensure effective T&E engineering operations and compliance on the project.
To collaborate with, and support, the wider T&E Engineering team as required.
You will be :
Responsible for managing the Engineering input to the construction Programme and technical advice and contribution to Budget Preparation, and thereafter accountable for Engineering aspects of the Delivery of projects to programme and technical / compliance standards.
Ensure that the engineering aspects of all site works, investigations, design, engineering construction, procurement, audits and work contract supervision are carried out in accordance with relevant requirements.
• Prioritise and control all engineering and design activities across allocated TRU West project/s.
Ensure compliance with statutory, contractual, legal and special requirements.
• Provide professional and technical engineering advice throughout allocated TRU West project/s.
• Promote professional development for allocated TRU West projects personnel.
• Set and maintain high standards and ensure that Network Rail are satisfied with performance on allocated TRU West project/s.
• Develop, maintain and own Track & Electrification relationships in order to promote long-term partnerships within the allocated TRU West project/s.
• Embrace and control compliance with Company procedures, policies and delivery plans, as well as relevant Improvement Plans.
• Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental issues are given the highest priority.
• Develop and drive forward innovation.
• Support Amey senior managers in their efforts to promote the wider Amey business.
• Ensure necessary scheme consultation, liaison, co-ordination and interface with stakeholders are carried out.
• To ensure that critical engineering processes, such as TSI, CDM, CSM, CRT, speed raising (etc.
) are appropriately managed and resourced within the engineering team on the project.
To ensure that critical project engineering documentation (such as the WPP, TB’s, Permits, etc.
) has appropriate resource and attention allocated to it to facilitate quality and timely completion and compliance.
• To actively participate in, and engage with, external (e.
ORR, Client) and internal (e.
Amey and TRU West) audits.
• Support the Amey team in implementation of the Amey and TRU West Values.
• Work collaboratively with Amey colleagues within the TRU West Alliance.
• From time to time site visits to construction sites will be required
Skills & experience
You will have
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Training:
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering discipline, or equivalent and appropriate (15 years) practical experience in the relevant industry combined with lesser qualifications • Satisfy requirements of PTS medical
PTS • ICI • Project Induction • CEM AtW • CEM NR F0039 • CEM and CRE Experience (minimum 5 years) • Acceptance of Sponsorship • PTS Working Near or Adjacent to AC Lines • Responsible manager briefing • IOSH safety qualification (or equivalent)
The right attitude to safety, engineering compliance, and collaborative behaviour.
• This post requires an energetic, self-managed individual who can lead a team and has the technical knowledge to ensure compliance with all relevant standards and requirements.
Multi-disciplinary construction experience on large projects • Knowledge and experience of planning and implementing engineering works in a wide range of circumstances and environments • Computer literate • Knowledge and understanding of Network Rail engineering standards • Valid UK driving license Desirable Skills, Qualifications and Training: • Locally based • Construction delivery experience • Multi-disciplinary project experience • Emergency First Aid • Construction Design • Registered Chartered Engineer through the Engineering Council • Fellowship of a professional institution
You will support the Associate Director and other Amey senior managers to promote the wider Amey business and help develop and deliver an increase in Turnover and Margin.
Specific Safety Responsibilities · To observe all safety regulations at all times.
· To comply with Network Rail Lifesaving Rules at all times whilst at work and / or when travelling to and from work.
· To take reasonable care for the safety and health of themselves, their colleagues and anyone else who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
· To wear appropriate protective clothing and use appropriate safety equipment at all times as instructed.
· To report all hazards to their immediate supervisor and pro-actively support the Close Call process · To report all accidents (whether persons are injured or not) and any damage to their immediate supervisor in accordance with Amey procedures.
· Promote the Amey Safety Culture · Adhere to the Zero Code Values · Responsible for ensuring that all planned Safety Inspections tours are completed in accordance with the approved programme, and that identified actions are closed out in a timely manner as applicable.
· Responsible for the preparation of Safety, Quality, Environmental, Construction Phase Plans, work package plans and task briefs for allocated contracts as requested.
· Participate in regular monthly safety meeting with Line Manager.
· Ensure that stipulated PPE is worn by all staff in compliance with mandated procedures and legislation.
· Identify specific training needs for yourself so as to ensure competency for allocated tasks.
· Ensure that mandatory training and competency certification for all staff are valid and copies available.
· Ensure that statutory safety and relevant company safety documents are displayed in site cabins and office.
· To co-operate with and carry out instructions given by managers and supervisors.
Please click the 'Apply' button to complete your application on the Amey website.