Job Title: Advertising Manager
Company: Hank Trading Ltd
Location: London and Radlett (WD7)
Salary: £28,000 - 35,000 p.a.
Job Ref: HTL/AM/2020
Recently established, Hank Trading Ltd has taken over the operation of two lively bistros in North London, with a third site under consideration. We are now seeking to recruit an experienced Advertising Manager to help launch the restaurants, drive guest engagement and to take our business to the next level. This is a full time role which will require the successful candidate to operate from our Head Office in Radlett (WD7), as well as on site at our restaurants (NW6 and N10).
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Conceive and manage advertising campaigns to promote the company and our products and services in an effective and economical way, that accurately represents the brand of the company;
- Review and revise advertising campaigns in light of sales figures and produce monthly reports;
- Discuss menu items and specials to be marketed, define target groups and assess the suitability of various media (Social Media, Print Media etc);
- Arrange events and focus groups to promote the image of our restaurants and services
- Develop annual advertising plans for both traditional and digital;
- Effectively utilise marketing-supporting platforms such as Fishbowl, FavouriteTable, and Buffer to drive guest engagement;
- Effectively utilise the following operations and back of house platforms, Kitchencut and Planday, to support the operations team.
- Manage the back-end of the company website - update it regularly with promotions and menu changes.
- Create graphics and other content for social media and newsletter purposes and directs (freelance) graphic designer as and when required.
- Directs freelance photographer on an ad hoc basis and overseas presentation, styling, and set-up of food photo-shoots.
The successful candidate must hold comprehensive experience of effectively carrying out the above mentioned duties to a high standard and who must also meet the following requirements:
- Well educated and holding a Masters degree in marketing, communication, or another relevant field;
- Extensive experience as an Advertising Manager (or similar role) in the catering and hospitality sector (ideally in bisto-style restaurants);
- Experience in launching new restaurants successfully;
- Exceptional communication skills – must be fluent in English;
- Advanced knowledge of social media with comprehensive experience of using social media platforms to drive brand awareness;
- Comprehensive understanding of, and experience with, platforms such as Fishbowl, Kitchencut, FavouriteTable, Planday, and Buffer;
- Ability to effectively analyse data and compile reports;
- Excellent management and inter-personal skills;
- Warm and persuasive, able to engage with local businesses with a view to collaborate with us;
- Well organised, able to think ahead and create annual planners for marketing strategy;
- Highly IT literate with a full working knowledge of the Microsoft Office package;
- Experience utilising food festivals to drive marketing efforts and engage with new clientele would be beneficial;
- Experience in food photography styling;
- As prompt travel between our sites is required candidates must hold a UK driving licence and have access to a car during work hours.