The successful person will be responsible for:
- Responsible to the Senior Help to Buy Accounting Manager for supporting the maintenance of Homes England's home equity investment portfolio so that all home equity investments are captured and accounted for correctly.
- Validating and processing data from redemptions and fee collections to inform changes to the asset register and the recognition of income and disposal proceeds.
- Production of data analysis as directed to inform reporting to Board and its committees to keep them informed of current status and emerging issues.
- Performing checks on the accuracy and completeness of data received from the mortgage administrator and escalating findings to the Help to Buy Accounting Manager.
- Preparation of accounting journals on a monthly basis to recognise interest and management fees accrued and received.
In order to complete the responsibilities for this role, the successful candidate will have:
- Essential - good GCSE's and willing to work towards AAT qualification (or equivalent).
- Desirable - Educated to A level or degree level standard and willing to train towards a recognised professional accountancy qualification, such as ACCA, CIPFA, CIMA.
- Diligent approach, eye for detail and good analytical skills (including Excel).
- Good writing skills.
- Knowledge of relevant systems and controls especially general ledger.
- Technical accountancy knowledge.
- Relevant experience in public/private sector
- Property/housing sector experience
- Knowledge of Business Objects or similar reporting tools
- Presenting and passing on correct information promptly. Being aware and considerate of other’s work requirements and well-being. Fostering mutually constructive and respectful relationships internally and externally.
- Sharing your view, providing advice and backing it up with facts. Positively engaging with change. Taking personal responsibility for closing off tasks, projects and activities.
Homes England is an executive non-departmental public body with its own terms and conditions, benefits and pension scheme. We are a government agency working in partnership with the private sector and want to employ and retain great people. In return we offer a range of excellent benefits, some of the key benefits include:
Holiday - Homes England offers all staff 33 days annual leave per year in addition to 8 statutory bank holidays.
Working Flexibly - At Homes England we have a strong culture of flexible working and encourage all employees to have a healthy work/life balance. We offer a wide range of potential working patterns, including part time, job share and compressed hours.
Health and Wellbeing - We offer health screening with Nuffield Proactive Health Clinics, a free Employee Assistance Programme which offers confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week as well as access to Occupational Health.
Professional Development - At Homes England we are committed to your continued professional and personal development with learning as one of our core values. We pay for one job-related professional membership subscription per year for our employees.
We also offer an excellent range of family friendly benefits, for example, maternity, paternity, shared parental leave.
Please see attached candidate pack for further information on our benefits.
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
Selection process details