Peabody have an exciting opportunity for you to join us as a Care and Support Worker based in various Colchester locations . This is offered on permanent basis with various hours available in return for a competitive salary of £18,135 per annum.
The Care and Support Worker role:
We are looking for caring and compassionate people who can coach and support people with learning disabilities to live their best life. Joe, Louise and Sarah live together in a bungalow in Colchester, they like outings, music and visiting friends.
If you are passionate about people and up for a new challenge please talk to us. We offer a full training package and a thorough induction, no experience necessary just a kind heart. You should be positive, caring and focused on encouraging choice, self-worth and assisting our customers to get out and about enjoying themselves in the local community.
Responsibilities of our Care and Support Worker include:
What we’re looking for in our Care and Support Worker:
- Carry out risk assessments, complete support plans, provide support, and carry out reviews, in accordance with policies and procedures and the requirements of stakeholders and funders
- Provide practical and emotional support to customers to achieve the outcomes set out in their support plan
- Support customers to budget to cover domestic bills and living expenses
- Support customers to make full use of community facilities, play an active role in their community and take up cultural, recreational, educational and employment opportunities
- Support customers to maximise their physical and mental health, through liaison with health services and the promotion of a healthy lifestyle
- Support customers to develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with their family, friends, support workers and other professionals
- Implement effective safeguarding practice for vulnerable adults and children in accordance with local authority and Peabody policies, guidance and protocol
- Participate in customer reviews, team meetings and training courses
- Implement the association’s equal opportunities policy as an integral part of all duties and observe the letter and the spirit of the policy at all times
Benefits of becoming our Care and Support Worker:
- If you accept a job in Peabody’s care and support services then we expect that you will be as committed to providing excellent customer service as we are – whether you are in direct contact with customers, speaking to them on the phone or dealing with internal colleagues, we expect you to meet the very highest standards of customer service at all times.
- We expect you to be as passionate as we are about making a real difference to people’s lives, and supporting them to be as independent, safe, healthy and happy as they possibly can be.
- You need to be kind and empathetic, and respect the individual characteristics and needs of the very diverse range of customers you’ll be dealing with. And you’ll need a sense of humour, an approachable manner and the resilience to cope with a busy, challenging and emotive job.
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays
- Paid Mileage at 45p per mile
- Up to 4% pension contribution matched 1:1
- Spot Bonus awards
- Long Service awards
- Paid Induction Training
- Paid Enhanced DBS
- Annual pay review
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Care and Support Worker please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date :
Thursday 25th June 2020