DVLA Finance is a vibrant and dynamic place to work and at the forefront of the modern working agenda.
Our strategy is to be at the heart of decision making, providing both insight and foresight. We are experts in our field providing a professional service to customers and stakeholders. We operate within seamless governance and assurance processes that aid not delay and will transform our own services alongside wider business transformation, harnessing developments in technology, regulation and customer demands.
We are looking for a qualified or part qualified accountant to join a pool of finance professionals in our Finance and Assurance Services Directorate (FAS) to help deliver this strategy. You will develop a deep understanding of our business, working with colleagues and stakeholders across different disciplines to drive the agenda, not just keep the score. As a pool accountant you will have the opportunity to work in different areas and roles and have a varied, rewarding career pathway.
Key role responsibilities will include;
- Production of high quality monthly and annual financial statements and reconciliations,
- Being key point of contact for internal and external stakeholders for your areas of expertise,
- Supporting and providing comprehensive information and an advice service to business area(s) on financial matters,
- Acting as Subject Matter Expert for your areas of responsibility, supporting and advising on relevant financial activities, standards, legislation and best practice,
- Providing input to the development and/or implementation of financial policies and processes,
- Leadership and management role undertaking line management duties as necessary,
- Engaging with wider Finance Directorate units and Agency stakeholders to develop a comprehensive stakeholder network.
For further information about the role responsibilities please refer to the role profile attached.
You will be able to demonstrate experience and knowledge of accounting skills including management and financial accounts preparation, an understanding of accounting standards, preferably within the context of the Government Financial Reporting Manual (FReM), and experience of partnering with business stakeholders would be advantageous. Your potential to develop into an effective finance professional is a necessity and obtaining fully qualified status over time if part qualified is expected. Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills are essential including the ability to communicate effectively with all audiences, promoting collaborative working across the Agency. Attention to detail and accuracy is key supported by mature Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
You will be able to work autonomously with the ability to pick things up quickly whilst delivering to deadlines.
At the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) our work matters. Impacting the lives of over 49 million people in the UK, we do more than provide driving licenses and number plates.
We’re at the forefront of digital within government, with a focus on moving away from traditional paper based transactions to new IT driven solutions. We aim to provide an excellent digital service to our customers.
We are an exemplar of supporting employee wellbeing! We invest in you, provide opportunities to learn new skills and as a result, give you the confidence to carry out your role. Our commitment to your learning and development guarantees that everyone at DVLA can reach their highest potential.
If you would like to read more about the great opportunities at DVLA please click the link here
To find out more about what it is like to work for DVLA please click the following blog link Inside DVLA Blog
- A qualified or part qualified accountant (with only CCAB/CIMA final stage exams remaining)
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
- Managing a Quality Service
- Delivering at Pace
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits. We offer generous annual leave, attractive pension options, flexible working, inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.