Up to £42,200
Fixed Term Contract
30 Sep 2020
Location: WFH while C-19 restrictions are in place (otherwise, Durrington, West Sussex)
Hours: Full time (37hrs, Monday-Friday)
Contract: 6 months FTC
Southern Water have an urgent requirement for an experienced Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Analyst to join their busy and delivery focused Finance department.
If you are an approachable person with good attention to detail and drive to succeed – please get in touch!
A successful candidate will support the FP&A manager and accountant to provide end state financial reporting, associated financial analysis and forecasting as well as budgeting capabilities. You will also inform and provide insight to senior members on the company’s upcoming performance on a monthly basis.
You will also support the FP&A Manager in using the TM1 System to create an environment from which all routine financial reporting and analysis can be obtained, and from which all forecasting and budgeting models can be built and maintained. Your primary responsibility will be to produce ad-hoc reporting and analysis where reporting solutions may not already exist.
To succeed in this role, ideally, you will possess at least 3 of the following:
- Degree education (or equivalent) and/or demonstrable experience and/or working towards a professional accounting qualification.
- Proven ability to work with data and produce meaningful evaluation.
- Ability with systems and able to demonstrate an elementary level of understanding around TM1.
- Some experience of working with Finance Stakeholders, providing commercial insight and advice.
- Ability to communicate effectively as well as receive instructions, using initiative to propose changes or additions to create a better outcome
Your daily activities will include, but will not be limited to:
- With guidance from the FP&A Manager or Accountant, develop and maintain simple models and reports within TM1. Focusing on applying best practice concepts and preserving the integrity of TM1.
- Support as required the month end process, checking the integrity of reports and providing routine analysis.
- Support the rolling monthly forecast, checking completeness of data being uploaded, the integrity reports and providing routine analysis.
- Directly support the business partner community by providing ad –hoc analysis and investigation, with the aim of equipping them with information that they need to effectively support their stakeholders.
- Support the administration of TM1, undertaking routine actions and processes to ensure that the system remains robust and the data secure.