Local Pensions Partnership Administration (LPPA) is an award-winning pension services business with offices across the UK. We support over 640,000 pension scheme members and their employers to understand their pension obligations, benefits and retirement options. Our work involves significant correspondence with various customer groups, the completion of pension casework which is deadline driven and responding to queries. We are currently seeking a Graphic Designer (Middleweight) to join our Engagement and Communications team in Preston.
The post holder will be a creative and experienced graphic designer who can work on a variety of design briefs, supplied by the Engagement and Communications team, and from business teams across the wider LPPA organisation, to be delivered against a background of different business priorities and delivery deadlines.
You will be required to adapt technical and regulatory information, into impactful and effective graphical and design based collateral that can be used to support digital marketing and communications campaigns (email, website and social media), presentations for clients and employers, infographics and also more traditional requirements including print material and consumables / giveaways.
You will also be comfortable working with external partners, in the production of animations and videos. Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, you will be an enthusiastic champion of the brand and the LPPA corporate identity, who can provide advice and recommendations on the consistent and creative application of the brand guidelines, across both online and offline channels.
- Supporting the Digital Marketing Manager and the wider Engagement and Communications team, take ownership of in-house digital design including website collateral, email, and social media activity
- Ensure that all design work, across multiple offline and online platforms, is up to date, designed to the latest standards and makes the most of new features and technology
- Create modern, engaging, and personalised designs for all employer (B2B) and member (B2C) campaigns
- Working with the Content Executive to ensure that all content is on brand, professionally presented and responsive in design
- Produce creative and engaging email templates which are effective across browser & device
- Develop brand editorial design language, utilising style guides to ensure consistency of brand identity, guidelines, and core values
- Develop designs for employer and member campaigns which can be rolled out across multiple media platforms including web and print
- In response to design briefs, present concepts, and final proposals back to the Engagement and Communications team
- Deliver client and employer reports that are designed in a visually attractive and professional manner, whilst ensuring that the content (presented as graphs, charts, and data tables) are clear and understandable
- Collaborate with internal departments and stakeholders to support design requirements for internal campaigns, material required for presentations (from professional, creative, and dynamic slide decks, through to pull up banners and promotional giveaways)
- Experience of industry software such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator to create visual and graphic designs
- Experience of working in a commercial working environment desirable
- Understanding and interpreting internal client briefs
- Attending internal meetings to discuss expectations and desired outcomes of design
- Presenting draft designs for feedback
- Experience of producing illustrations for use in graphical design solutions
- Working with colleagues including content specialists and technical experts
- Ensuring that design work is aligned with other methods of communication
- Experience of designing infographics, iconography and other design-led examples that enable organisations to present commercial information
- Working on a range of design pieces, from website content to email campaigns, to internal presentations.
- Understand the commercial value of graphic design.
- Experience of CMS platforms, especially WordPress, desirable
- Proven track record in a similar role, preferably 1-2 years of experience
- Video editing experience would be a bonus
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- The salary range for this role is £26,000- £28,000 depending on experience
- We offer 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and additional concessionary days). We operate on a 37-hour working week, with flexibility in working pattern for the right candidate.
- Access to an excellent pension scheme with generous employer contributions.
- We have a friendly and sociable work culture whilst providing an environment of continuous personal and professional development to support employees in reaching their full potential.
- Our offices in central Preston are easily accessible by road, rail and public transport.
LPPA is keen to promote a diverse workforce to maximise our ability to provide quality services to all our customers, we welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.