SharkNinja (creator of the familiar household brands Shark
® and Ninja
®) is looking for a dynamic, creative, talented, inspirational and committed Electrical Engineering Manager to lead and manage our growing UK EE team.
This role will focus on team management and embedded electronic design and product development lifecycle for our ambitious product roadmap. The successful candidate will have experience in analog and digital embedded design, including both hardware (schematic capture and PCB layout) and firmware (C and ASM), preferably in consumer products or similar and would be familiar with all product development aspects such as team task tracking, BOM cost tracking, DFMEA, documentation and PLM systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accomplish EE team human resource objectives by recruiting, orienting, assigning, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; appraising performance; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Support the UK Health & Safety lead to develop appropriate safety policies relating to EE activities, work procedures, handling of prototypes, and ensure abidance to those safety policies including the Electrical Safety policy.
- Oversee and manage the design and development of consumer products from initial concept to production within our global EE organization
- Day-to-day coordination of team tasks to enable the delivery of functional prototypes for research and internal review
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product Marketing teams to provide initial cost estimates for EBOM and work effort to support advanced development and prototype needs, as well as final product implementation based upon thorough analysis of product requirements
- Ensure the development of clear and concise firmware and hardware specifications/documentation and solutions to meet product requirements
- Interact with team members from other disciplines to complete project deliverables, solve problems and to report status
- Be able to lead and mentor junior engineers and technologists.
Education and Experience:
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or guidance
- A broad view and understanding of the product development process, and effective experience leading multi-disciplined team efforts in the evolution of products from concept through testing, verification and approval
- Solid analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) along with good sound interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a technical leadership role involving the design, development and delivery of embedded hardware and firmware projects
- Experience in aspects of electrical design: component selection, system architecture and documentation
- Experience in the development of embedded firmware of microcontrollers, including design, test and debugging
- Familiarity with compilers, IDE’s, JIRA, SVN is a plus
- Previous industry experience working for a consumer product company or a consultant company in the consumer goods space is highly desirable.
At SharkNinja, our purpose is to positively impact people’s lives every day in every home around the world. We work very hard to provide our consumers with high quality, exciting 5-star products that make life easier. We thrive on passion and innovation, and are looking for great people, with great ideas, who want to create the next big thing. We take a team approach to our projects, where everyone has a voice. We want individuals to push limits, look outside the box and think the unthinkable. With the explosive growth we have been experiencing, we’re looking for motivated individuals to join us on our exciting journey. People need to think big, move fast and want to make a significant impact. Are you ready?