Company : Tattenhall Marina
Job Location : Tattenhall, UK
Posted on : Sat, 01 Aug 2020 12:30:09 GMT
Job Description :
An exciting opportunity for a customer focused, motivated and proactive Marina Manager is available at our Tattenhall Marina, nestled in the heart of Cheshire.
As a Manager, you are responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Marina.
The successful candidate will have a flexible approach to working hours and be responsible for the day to day running of the marina. You will strive to consistently deliver excellent customer service and be responsible for leading and developing your team to achieve financial targets and customer satisfaction expectations. Effective communication skills are essential as is the ability to delegate and manage a team.
You will need to be IT literate and competent in the use of Excel and possess administration skills.
Pride and care must be taken for the upkeep and maintenance of the marina grounds and facilities to ensure they are presented to a consistently high standard. You will take responsibility for the Health and safety of the site and employees to ensure regulatory compliance and safe operations at all times. This will include carrying out daily, weekly and monthly checks along with routine maintenance. It is imperative the all legal, HSE and Company policies are adhered to.
Previous managerial experience is essential as well the ability to demonstrate accountability for health and safety and compliance.
You will be responsible for the financial performance of the business and meeting targets set for budgets and pricing policies. This will include involvement in projects aimed at expanding and developing growth strategies.
Lakeland leisure Estates Limited owns and operates marinas and holiday parks across the UK and Spain. We pride ourselves on being a family business with core values which reflect a caring, friendly and nurturing environment to be a part of. We invest in our staff to support and develop their skills.
Our management team are key to the success of our businesses which is why the successful candidate will have had previous experience of managing, mentoring, developing and motivating a team to improve performance and delivery excellent customer service levels.
The main duties of the role include:
· To carry out the general day to day management of the marina, including adherence to the financial budget, health and safety compliance and supervision of marina staff.
· To ensure high standards of service and facilities are not only maintained but also developed as required by the company.
· To maximise the utilisation within the marina, ensuring and developing profitability from all income streams.
· To adhere to the financial budget.
· To assume and maintain an up to date working knowledge of legislation in all the areas of work including mooring terms and conditions and marina legal requirements and ensure these are complied with.
· To comply with the company’s Health, Safety and Environment Policy.
· To comply with the relevant duties and responsibilities under the Health & Safety Work etc. Act 1974, the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 (as amended) and all relevant Codes of Safe Working Practice, policies and other health and safety information relevant to the area of work.
· To comply with local council rules on sales of alcohol. The postholder will be the Personal Licence Holder for the Marina, and will have to undertake BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders and provide a basic criminal conviction disclosure form.
· To ensure all plant and equipment on site is safe, checked regularly and records kept in line with LLE procedures.
· To assist and deal with berth holders, tenants, members of the public, suppliers, contractors and emergency services.
· To line manage staff in accordance with LLE’s policies and to develop staff progression.
· To plan and manage the staff duty rota and authorise timesheets and annual leave.
· To be responsible for site security.
· To assist with the maintenance of buildings, grounds and repairs including working on jetties.
· To be responsible for the general upkeep and appearance of marina site including cutting grass and hedges where required
· To undertake quay duties including dispensing of fuel, pump out, gas and coal.
· To undertake chandlery sales and ordering of stock as required
· Dealing with enquires from the general public and berth holders in a friendly manner.
· Filling berths by sales of permanent and temporary moorings.
· Ensure mooring terms and conditions are complied with.
· Recording all moorer’s personal and invoicing information in line with GDPR policy.
· Updating all mooring information and changes.
· Providing weekly and monthly accounting information to head office.
· Stock taking and report at the end of every month.
· End of day sales recording to bookwork and computer.
· To be responsible for the banking of any marina income.
· To undertake training courses relevant to the role.
· Deal with any incidents and emergencies that may occur and report accordingly
Skills and experience
Experience: a minimum of 3 years managerial experience including managing and leading a team
Previous responsibility for health and safety and compliance withing a commercial environment
Salary: dependent on experience
This role is being advertised alongside an Assistant Manager position which may be suitable for a couple.
Accommodation is available for the Manager position.
Reference ID: Tattenhall Marina Manager
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
We have extensive health and safety policies and procedures in place to protect our employees whilst at work including COVID-19 risk assessments, PPE provision and adaptation of working practices.
Marina Manager Jobs 2020, Tattenhall Marina Jobs Near Me, Jobs in Tattenhall Marina Company, Marina Manager Jobs Near Me, Jobs in Tattenhall, UK. If you are looking for these jobs, click this button!
Disclaimer :This job is posted by the company : Tattenhall Marina, and is aggregated from various online sources and displayed on this page. All the jobs displayed on amazejobs.co, comes from Indeed and it's network through the API. We do no store any data from anyone. All the applicants will be guided to the original job posting and they will apply there itself. We are not taking any personal data such as resume, email or phone number from the applicants. Our motto is to provide jobs to as many people as we can.