An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Medical Staffing Administrator within the Cancer Business Unit which manages medical staffing for Oncology, Haematology, Palliative Medicine and Lymphoedema. The role is primarily based at the Royal Derby Hospital but occasional cross site working may be required.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to embrace and develop this interesting role. You must be an effective communicator who can help provide an efficient medical staffing service.
This role will involve the collection and dissemination of information to ensure prompt production of rotas, taking into account annual, study and special leave whilst ensuring clinical commitments and targets are delivered.
This is a challenging and fast paced role. Experience in rota development would be an advantage but not necessary. A pro-active and organised approach to work is essential along with the ability to build good working relationships with junior and senior doctors, management teams and external departments.
The role will also involve overseeing the recruitment of trust grade medical posts and rotation of junior doctors. All relevant training will be provided.
Prospective candidates are strongly encouraged to talk informally to Lisa Dailey regarding this role.
In return we will offer:
Key facts about our Trust:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development, together with an opportunity to work across some or all of our 5 sites depending on specialty
- Support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond
- Friendly, supportive and caring colleagues
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Closing date of applications:
- Every day our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients
- We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
- An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – the 6th largest in the country
- Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients every day
- We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
- We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
- We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
- We employ 12,000 staff across our 5 hospital sites
- We have a Director of Allied Health Professionals who is committed to provide leadership, progression and direction to AHPs
24 September 2020
8 October 2020
Due to COVID-19 and the Governments guidance on social distancing your interview may be carried out via Microsoft Teams. If this is the case you will be notified in advance so that if you don’t have the app you can download it either on to your phone or computer/laptop. The download is free of charge. Where your interview is face to face, the Trust will ensure social distancing. You will be required to wear a mask on all UHDB premises. If you have Covid-19 related symptoms or are shielding and have been invited for a face to face interview please request a Microsoft Teams interview.
Trac emails can sometimes go in to your junk mail so please check this for feedback on your application.