QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
Our people’s depth of expertise and their passion for defence and security makes the critical difference for our customers. We constantly encourage people to think and do things differently, to always look for enterprising, agile ways to create real benefit.
Collaborating with and learning from our world-renowned experts makes QinetiQ an exceptionally rewarding place to work; where no two days are the same.
1. Introductory leadership skills; small team leadership through task management, coaching and mentoring and/or Line Management
2. Project support to IDTs and other large and complex strategic programmes.
3. Service delivery and performance of project teams with assigned IDTs or programmes.
4. Provide coaching and mentoring to other members of the PCP&R and wider Delivery Support function.
5. A good understanding of project finances and reporting metrics.
6. Contribute to the design and improvement of project support capability and process
1. Working knowledge of project management principles and how project control activities underpin them.
2. Sharing knowledge, skills and best practice across QinetiQ.
3. Demonstrable competence in SAP, MS Excel (including add-ins), Word, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
4. Good organisational and record keeping skills.
5. Awareness of the project lifecycle and sales processes.
6. Intermediate process management skills.
7. Recognised expert in a number of project support activities and tools.
8. Strong organisational skills with ability to prioritise workload and multi-task.
9. Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with individuals at varying levels. 10. Ability to work as part of a team and well as unsupervised
Experience & Qualifications
1. Educated to a minimum of GCSE level (to included English and Mathematics).
2. Competence against the agreed Project controls Competency Framework at a level of Foundation or APMP Introductory Certificate desirable
- Group Personal Pension Plan (GPP) – Pensions are one of the most important and valuable benefits available to you; all new employees are automatically enrolled into the QinetiQ GPP plan.
- Childcare Vouchers – this tax efficient benefit helps with the cost of childcare or after school clubs.
- Annual Leave – want more time for you? Employees can buy up to five days more holiday a year with this benefit.
- Health Cash Plan – go private with your healthcare and get cash back for it. The cover is far reaching, including dental, optical or even acupuncture costs.
- Private Medical Insurance – Employees can insure themselves and their family at discount rates for PMI.
- Health Screening – need a Health MOT? Our employees can take advantage of a comprehensive health check through a tax efficient route.
- Dental Insurance – want to be able to manage your dental costs without having a big bill? Dental insurance offers our employees the ability to pay monthly and recover their money.
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance at a discounted rate
- Payroll Giving – want to do more for the community? This benefit allows our employees to donate to their favourite charity/charities each month via payroll.
- Gourmet Society – the opportunity to buy up to 4 cards to have up to 50% of meals out at selected restaurants.