Project quality engineer-TCOO-UKDY02249629Description
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Project Quality Assurance Engineer in Derby, UK
About the role
The Project Quality Assurance Engineer, reporting to the Project Quality Lead, is the quality representative in the Project Core Team. In this role, the PQA representative drives the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and assures that all processes meet customer requirements.
This person will also assure the delivery of all Quality deliverables at the project gates according to the agreed acceptance criteria.
He/She will alert and if necessary block any non conforming products or documents from being released and will manage the quality function records required for the project.
The ultimate measure of success in this role will be the customer satisfaction related towards the delivery of a product or system according to the customer quality and safety requirements, on time, and from Bid till warranty phase.
- Review customer specifications and define quality requirements (inc. compliance to law, standards, product history book content,…) for project execution. PQMP which includes the Advance product quality planning (APQP) specific requirements. Define and maintain Project Quality Management Plan. Produce/support sub-plans when required, such as Software Quality Plan, Audit Plan, Inspection and Test Plan;
- Conduct project audits to monitor compliance to customer contract and compliance to the change management, configuration management and other business processes. Support the project during external audits by customer, BT Group and/or third parties;
- Responsible for ensuring timely delivery of the Quality related deliverables at the right specification and acceptance criteria. Therefore, the PQE will ensure coordination and governance of the various Quality roles. The PQE is the Quality representative in the Core Team;
- Manage the Quality Function records related to project/contract. Monitor the performance KPI’s for the project ensuring that reviews/checklists are used and that tracking of open actions is done. Participate in Gate Reviews, MOR meetings, CCB, Core Team meetings, Lessons Learned meetings;
- Manage the non conforming products and quality related customer complaints, including issuing corrective action requests / preventative action recommendations and managing/tracking of corrective action requests. Ensure First Article Inspection, First System Installation Inspections by the Customer – Internal or external, as well as coordinating open items management. PQE has responsibility to reject or block any non-conforming deliverables which could result in safety or quality related problems.
- Engineering/Management degree
- Min. 3 years in a relevant role;
- Strong working knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP);
- Experience in Quality function;
- Customer Communication and management;
- Ability to facilitate an FMEA (Systems, Design, Process) desirable;
- Root cause analysis expert (on tools or techniques like 8D, Kepner Tragoe…) desirable;
- Project management experience would be beneficial;
If you are interested, apply now!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.Job: