RECOVERY SUPPORT WORKER – BAND 4
About the team:
Richmond Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Team is a tertiary service complementing Community Mental Health Teams in the Borough of Richmond targeting people between the ages of 18 and 75 years with wide ranging psychiatric disorders. The service comprises of a Consultant Psychiatrist, Nurse Practitioners, Recovery Support Workers and Administrators. The primary role of the service is to provide an alternative to acute hospital admission through short term intensive treatment at home whilst assessing and managing risk in the community.
About the role:
The post holder will contribute to the growth and maintenance of key functions of the clinical area by carrying out assigned tasks, involving direct and indirect care to clients, under minimal supervision and as directed by the Shift Co-ordinator and/or Team Manager. Following personal development planning and targeted training, you will be in a position to work more autonomously in supporting clients. As a result you will have developed a broad underpinning knowledge at intermediate level, and have the ability to evaluate information and communicate effectively with a range of professionals.
The post holder will not hold a caseload but will work on a peripatetic basis to provide short term support where it is most necessary and may for example be asked to assist with immediate practical support to clients who:
- present in an emergency to the Assessment Team, Liaison Psychiatry and Recovery Support Teams (RST).
- are assessed under the Mental Health Act 1983 but not detained;
- are identified within RSTs as requiring intensive support to prevent deterioration in mental state and possible admission;
- are discharged from the acute hospital unit and require assistance to manage the discharge effectively and without delay.
We offer a number of excellent staff benefits and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
Other benefits include:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave,we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance,we support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, compressed hours and working from home.
- Career development,There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- NHS discounts,with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands through Health Service Discounts website.
- Eye examinations
- Looking after your health
- Car lease scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
We look forward to receiving your application.