Requisition ID: (20005235)
Accounting & Finance
Job Posting Date:
Jun 30, 2020, 2:21:46 AM
By joining the team as a Regional Accountant
, you will perform the day-to-day finance activities within the EFSG finance team, maintaining relationships with the served sites, with a focus on standardization whilst delivering excellent customer service!
You will also ensure that the monthly US GAAP financials for the country are prepared accurately and on time, drive process improvements and provide training and development to others, as well as support the Senior Regional Accountants to maintain and develop the EFSG processes and services.
If this sounds like an exciting role to you, then join our team in Leicester, UK
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HANDLE:
Financial Business Partnering
- Ensure financial integrity of the Financial Statements, performing all tasks as set out in the EFSG SLA master document;
- Part of a team in charge of Month End closing to a strict timetable for Financials into HFM (Reporting system). Reporting scope includes P&L, Balance sheet, TWC metrics, Headcount and other statistical requirements;
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement variance analysis;
- Provide financial reports to finance management (e.g. account analysis, balance sheet and income statement flux analysis, reconciliations, ad hoc analysis, etc.);
- Perform periodic financial close activities including journal entry preparation and account reconciliations including cash, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, and accrued expenses among others;
- Own the balance sheet control reconciliations including investigation of reconciling items to clear in a timely manner;
- Handle regular financial & balance sheet reviews in conjunction with the Senior Finance Business Partners and Site management team;
- Manage, review and execute the end-to-end cash disbursements process;
- Perform and Analyze business reports for Bookings, Sales and backlog, preparation of daily and period flash reports, monthly reconciliations, product group, KOB and End destination Reporting;
- Perform monthly cost centre reporting including variation analysis (SG&A and CGS);
- Maintain compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and internal CP&P;
- Researches and investigates accounting issues as required, recommends and implements solutions;
- Part of a team responsible for Business Intelligence and Analytics;
- Create reports and predictive financial models to enable effective decision making;
- With detailed data analysis, provide insightful and actionable metrics and recommendations on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
- Works with the EFSG Integration team on the onboarding process to integrate new sites into EFSG;
- Engagement with corporate/internal and external auditors for all local and Europe wide engagements;
Knowledge Management and Training
- Provide training within the team. Supervise the work of and develop EFSG colleagues both locally and remotely;
- Contributes on the knowledge management within EFSG and establishes standards and quality in the overall documentation efforts;
- Establish a culture of learning and continues development and collaborates with operational teams;
- Ensure that training materials are defined, e-learning trainings are developed, an onboarding program is established and maintained;
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- Support development of streamlined processes through automation or other efficiency gaining ways;
- Analyze Key Performance Indicators data, identify adverse trends and communicate these succinctly to management. Work closely with the regional teams and MSSC to identify and address root causes;
- Work with EFSG Systems accounting team as needed to implement process design changes or system updates;
- Occasional weekend/public holiday working is a requirement of the role, as well as flexibility to travel (up to 5-10% of role).
WHO YOU ARE:
- University or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and/or Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA etc.);
- Minimum 5 years work experience for a large multi-national organization;
- Experience working in a matrix structure would be of an advantage;
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills in support of organizational change;
- Knowledge of Oracle, SAP or Syteline together with HFM preferred;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, POWER BI and PowerPoint skills;
- Flexible team player with ability to work in cross-functional teams and across varying groups and organizational levels;
- Ability to work independently in a team environment, take ownership of the resolution of problems, be flexible and accountable, manage conflicting responsibilities, prioritize tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
You are passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
Our Offer to You
By joining Emerson as a Regional Accountant
, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Get to Know Us
Find out more by visiting our LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube pages or at www.emerson.com
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.