Company : Network Rail
Job Location : London, UK
Posted on : Sat, 01 Aug 2020 13:43:14 GMT
Job Description :
We at Network Rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britain's best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do!
Our ambition to be responsive to passengers and freight users, drives us every day and we're empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing.
To manage the provision of comprehensive and quality financial and commercial services for the Sussex Route and some shared Southern regional services (Property and Works Delivery). Provide excellent business partnering for the Sussex RD and their senior team helping them to achieve Network Rails goals.
1. Manage the implementation of Route business planning processes and the monitoring of action plans for the delivery of business objectives.
2. Support the route achieve efficiency targets by providing excellent business insight and analysis and the tools to track and monitor initiatives.
3. Provide financial support to the Route management for the establishment of budgets and the period reporting, review and analysis of actual results. Produce accurate forecasts.
4. Provide the technical expertise, on all financial issues for Route management. Monitor financial performance, identifying risks and opportunities and review delivery of corrective action.
5. Lead the finance team to identify resource requirements and recruit as required.
6. Maintain technical standards of accounting in accordance with statutory, regulatory, HMRC and Group Policy & Regulations.
7. Establish procedures and systems of internal control to achieve safe stewardship and custody of assets and maintain the integrity of all financial records.
8. Manage the Monthly Business Reviews (MBR) process for the Route Director.
9. Challenge delivery unit business and financial performance through the Delivery Unit Business Review process as a key member of the Directors review team.
10. Manage infrastructure, slip and trip, employers liability, bridge strike, train operating company and other claims raised by and against the Routes and Delivery Units to minimise the risk of loss and maximise recoveries.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Network Rail adheres to pre-employment Baseline Personal Security Standard (BPSS), this is government standard for pre employment vetting. BPSS government standard pre-employment vetting requires Network Rail to screen a potential employees unspent criminal convictions and undertake 3 year career checks. Employment at Network Rail is subject to employees meeting the BPSS government standard pre-employment vetting.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3000 (to a maximum amount of £2,250).
Network Rail positively embraces flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Salary: £65,480 - £73,665
Closing date: 14th August 2020, late applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.
Route Financial Controller Jobs 2020, Network Rail Jobs Near Me, Jobs in Network Rail Company, Route Financial Controller Jobs Near Me, Jobs in London, UK. If you are looking for these jobs, click this button!
Disclaimer :This job is posted by the company : Network Rail, and is aggregated from various online sources and displayed on this page. All the jobs displayed on amazejobs.co, comes from Indeed and it's network through the API. We do no store any data from anyone. All the applicants will be guided to the original job posting and they will apply there itself. We are not taking any personal data such as resume, email or phone number from the applicants. Our motto is to provide jobs to as many people as we can.