- Working within the Engagement and Communications Unit, the postholder will play a key role in linking the teams of The Promise to each other and externally, working with managers and senior managers to identify the needs and interests of stakeholders, fit and align these into the wider strategic context and devise appropriate and timely communications. They will support the development of the wider strategy and work proactively to identify opportunities to engage in line with the strategy and develop and deploy relevant content in order to drive organisational brand identity.
- The Senior Communications Manager will ensure The Promise brand identity and work programmes are accurately reflected in all areas of communications and engagement, actively identifying and strategically planning opportunities to do so. Responsibility for deploying this effectively across all mediums, tracking and analysing engagement and communication activity and writing up reports for the senior management team and the board will lie with the postholder.
- There is a large degree of relationship management in this role with a need to develop and maintain strong connections with key media and communications contacts to secure and grow online and offline content.
- The postholder will also be required to develop and oversee key communications systems, including: media log, photography catalogues, consents, printed/digital materials, contact lists and systems which facilitate effective internal communications within and between teams.
- As with other The Promise team members, there will be the requirement to be flexible and to provide support for other aspects of The Promise business as and when required.
1. Demonstrable experience in delivering communication plans and campaigns and skilled in use of the latest digital tools.
2. Excellent influencing, relationship management and interpersonal skills with an ability to interact across a wide and diverse range of stakeholders and a proven ability to develop relationships, build rapport and work constructively with others.
3. Able to absorb a wide range of complex information and develop solutions on both strategic and operational issues and have an ability to think analytically in the evaluation of competing needs.
4. Ability to draft papers and other documentation in clear, concise and accurate plain English to tight timescales.
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension