Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
About this role
We are in an incredibly competitive industry and it’s not just the technology that’s important, but the world of promise it creates for our customers. We live and work in a connected world where people want seamless service, great products and the best connectivity there is, as well as continually expecting more and more from us, and rightly so. Technology is BT’s powerhouse, with our expert technologists, we have a unique position in BT. By bringing together our technical and commercial expertise, and our insight and passion for customer experience, we help BT stand out from the competition. With the best networks and smart innovative products, combined with a personal experience, it sets us apart from the pack.
Innovation drives everything we’ve done since BT started in 1846. Coming up with new ideas and developing new technologies is central to our future. We want to improve people’s lives for the better in welcome, relevant and affordable ways and we’ll be fast to market with an effortless experience to match. We will continue to focus on developing our converged network capabilities which will give customers seamless connectivity. Our skilled people will lead this technological revolution, not only for our customers but for the industry across the Globe, truly making customers our heartbeat.
We need to ensure that our processes allow us to become a lean and simple organisation. This role is absolutely fundamental in ensuring we achieve this ambition by both seeking operational efficiencies and by ensuring that commercial governance procedures support, rather than slow down, our ability to deliver for our customers.
The Senior Manager for Commercial Planning will be responsible for ensuring that all finance elements of the Service Platforms MD’s scorecard are achieved. Working in partnership with the Technology Finance Team, the post holder will ensure that all budgets are appropriately underpinned, forecast and delivered against and that we are transforming as a business, aligning to Technology’s transformational pathways as we underpin our own transformation journey with our path to platinum approach.
You'll have the following responsibilities
- Provide actionable insight to the Technology Delivery Director or peers to ensure Medium Term Plans (MTP’s) can be met.
- Working with CFUs to formally handshake on development budgets, support trades and other funding sources, managing change control and reporting.
- Develop and communicate plans on how to deliver cost transformation.
- Leading and managing a team of specialists to deliver Service Platforms Portfolio and Programme accounting throughout the year.
- Engage at GM & Director level to ensure buy in.
- Being proactive to identify and manage risks, threats and opportunities to help us operate within budget.
- Provide monthly project financial forecasts using standardised templates.
- Reporting a key set of KPIs for project/portfolio financials which are reflecting an improvement trend (and identifying and driving further accuracy improvement initiatives).
- Financial governance checkpoints incorporated into project governance (aligned to iDEAL framework).
- Reduction in volume of process queries/issues reduced through self serve.
- Automation opportunities identified and delivered within the project accounting / financial processes.
- Full accountability for all commercial elements of the Service Platforms Delivery Director scorecard are achieved.
- Management of all commercial risks/opportunities to enable risks to be mitigated across the portfolio.
- Accountable for transforming the Commercial Team and the business through simplification, cost reduction and joined up thinking with other parts of Technology to align on transformational pathways.
You'll have the following skills & experience
- Negotiation skills – working with our suppliers, you’ll need to make sure that you are willing and able to negotiate.
- Stakeholder management – as the person responsible for ensuring that we meet scorecard KPI’s you’ll need to work closely with other teams and challenge where you need to.
- Organised & detail orientated – you’ll need to have a strong understanding of incoming funding and how we are managing the spend throughout the year to keep us on track.
- A strong leader capable of managing robust conversations and driving a high performance culture.
- Qualified Accountant preferable but not mandatory.
15% bonus, pension, shares plan, free broadband and BT discounted products. 25 days annual leave and competitive salary.
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it's like to work at BT
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!