We have a new opportunity available for a Senior Product Designer
to join a team based in South Cambridgeshire, right on the border of Hertfordshire. You’ll be working in a multi-disciplinary environment on ground-breaking and life-changing innovations, so it’s a really exciting place to work! This company are able to offer you the opportunity to progress, along with excellent benefits, free parking and a pleasant working environment in a countryside location, with convenient road and rail links to both Cambridge and London. Relocation assistance is also available if you should need it.
Working specifically with medical devices
, this is a leading role where you will be designing a broad range of innovative solutions for new products and making them safe and user-friendly. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about prototyping, testing and resolving detailed technical challenges. You will also need to have the energy and drive to succeed, champion the product design, develop new skills and take increasing responsibility.
You Must Have:
- Extensive product design experience in a high technology industry
- A portfolio showing the significant impact you have made on the development of new products from concept to production
- A strong academic background in Industrial/Product Design or a related discipline
- Strong creative and analytical-thinking skills, based on a broad understanding of product design, usability, mechanical engineering and physical principles
- The ability to devise clever mechanical solutions for complex problems
- User-centred design mindset and an understanding of human factors research techniques
- Comfortable translating high-level intangible user requirements into products designed for usability
- Advanced skills in CAD including design for plastic injection moulding
- Ability to present and communicate ideas through sketches, animations, photorealistic renderings, graphics and user experience design
- The enthusiasm to initiate, facilitate and participate in creative thinking sessions
- Ambition to design products that go beyond satisfying users' needs, exceeding their unspoken expectations
- A generous employer pension contribution
- Employee share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Profit share
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Whilst we’d love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven’t heard from us within 3-5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.