Peabody have an exciting opportunity for you to join us as a Specialist Support Worker Mental Health based in Hackney . You will join us on a full time, permanent basis in return for a competitive salary of £22,038 per annum.
The Specialist Support Worker Mental Health role:
At Peabody we are committed to providing assistance to our own vulnerable tenants and people living in our communities who need support to live well and independently. We provide specialist housing, care and support to people who are socially excluded, disabled, unwell or homeless.
Our two Hackney High support mental health services provide high quality support to people who have a history of serious mental illness. You will work to support them in a collaborative way around a variety of needs including promoting their recovery, independent life skills, training and education, maximising their income, substance use and move-on. You will be working on a rota basis covering a shift pattern from 8am to 10pm including weekends.
Responsibilities of our Specialist Support Worker Mental Health include:
- Carry out needs and risk assessments, complete support plans, provide support, and carry out reviews, in accordance with policies and procedures and the requirements of stakeholders and funders
- Work with our customers in a person centred, recovery focused and trauma informed way
- Promote the principles of co-production with our customers
- Support customers to maximise their income, to access benefits, and to budget to cover domestic bills and living expenses
- Support customers to sustain their housing, and identify and move onto housing which meets their needs
- Accurately input all client data onto an electronic monitoring system and ensure records are maintained to evidence key performance targets, and comply with commissioner requirements
- Liaise promptly with colleagues, partner agencies and other stakeholders regarding safeguarding, welfare and risk concerns in accordance with Peabody policy
- Participate in customer reviews, team meetings and training courses
- Actively promote the remit of the service to a range of customers and other professionals as appropriate. Attend stakeholder and partnership events as required
- Prompt customers re. medication and encourage self-management of health and wellbeing
- Work as part of a team to achieve service objectives as identified by the contract requirements
- Implement the association’s equal opportunities policy as an integral part of all duties and observe the letter and the spirit of the policy at all times
- Maintain safe practice at all times in accordance with Peabody’s policies
What we’re looking for in our Specialist Support Worker Mental Health:
- Effective team working with allocated shifts on a rota basis including weekends
- Effective Report writing and IT literacy including Word, excel and data entry systems
- Able to communicate effectively with customers, staff and external agencies.
- Empathy for the client group
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Passionate about being able to make a real difference in peoples’ lives
- Knowledge of Health and Safety in a supported housing environment
- Experience and knowledge of best practise in working with a mental health client group or vulnerable adults and promoting their recovery and independence.
- Experience of using support planning and risk assessment tools
- Knowledge of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion for this client group and knowledge to be able to challenge discrimination and stigma.
- Knowledge of Safeguarding vulnerable adults
Benefits of becoming our Specialist Support Worker Mental Health:
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays
- Paid Mileage at 45p per mile
- Up to 4% pension contribution matched 1:1
- Spot Bonus awards
- Long Service awards
- Paid Induction Training
- Paid Enhanced DBS
- Annual pay review
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Specialist Support Worker Mental Health please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!