Staff - Scale 5-Project Support Officer - Northampton - Full-Time - Fixed Term Contract (12-24 Months) - (200000NT)
Northamptonshire Police is responsible for policing the county of Northamptonshire, covering 914 square miles with a population of around 683,800 and is committed to ‘Fighting Crime, Protecting People'. Officers and staff work with communities, partner organisations and behind the scenes to keep communities safe and bring offenders to justice. Police officers and staff operate from various locations around the county.
On-site parking, subsidised gym, flexible working, contributory pension, support associations and networks, health & wellbeing support and career progression opportunities with the force.
The Police Service is an equal opportunities organisation and is determined to ensure that:
The workforce reflects the diverse society which it serves and that the working environment is free from any form of discrimination, victimisation or harassment.
No job applicant or volunteer is treated more or less favourably on the grounds of sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief or disability. This is subject to the Police Service engaging in positive action scheme which intends to overcome or minimise a person’s disadvantage.
No job applicant or volunteer is disadvantaged by a provision, criterion or practice which cannot be shown to be a proportionate means of achieving a legitimate aim.
Northamptonshire Police has been accredited as a “Disability Confident Employer”. This ensures that every applicant who has a disability (as defined under the Equality Act 2010) and meets the minimum criteria for the role they are applying for, will be guaranteed an interview. Also, if you need any reasonable adjustments for any stage of the application process then please contact MFSS Recruitment on 01606 366800 at the earliest opportunity and notify them of your requirements. Please note that evidence to support your request may be required.
Please be aware that preferences will be given to those on the Northamptonshire Police redeployment register.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that this vacancy may close early, therefore please submit your application as early as possible.
Northamptonshire Police does not re-imburse travel to interview expenses.
Northamptonshire Police operates a no smoking policy.
Northamptonshire Police has a strong commitment to equality and diversity, striving to employ a workforce that reflects the diverse communities we serve.
To protect people, fight crime and bring offenders to Justice Northamptonshire Police seeks to attract, recruit, develop and retain the best talent from the widest pool of people.
For these reasons we actively encourage individuals from any background to consider applying, through the use of positive action. We are currently seeking better representation from minority groups and females.
Northamptonshire Police is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Project Support Officer
SUPERVISION AND CONTROL:
Business Change Manager
HOURS OF WORK:
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Assist in the development and management of change programme and project documents such as plans, reports and logs.
Assist in the delivery of key programme deadlines and provide a professional support function to include administrative duties.
To support the delivery of programme and project work streams directing resources in order to produce the required products to the required standard and within the specified time and cost constraints.
- To support the Portfolio Management Office in the development, planning and tracking of change programmes & projects making use of specialist tools, templates and checkpoint meetings, keeping documentation current and providing progress reports as required.
- Provide administrative support and undertake tasks for the Portfolio Office to include co-ordinating activities such as workshops, taking actions and completing key decision records at meetings. Maintain and monitor action logs, tracking through to successful completion whilst recognising interdependencies across the portfolio.
To assist with stakeholder management and business change, both internally and externally to deliver key communications relating to the various programmes and projects managed within the organisation.
- Act as a point of contact in the team for internal and external customers, responding promptly to queries with timely and relevant information to force staff offering reassurance and engendering confidence in the project, ensuring any issues raised are resolved or directed to the most appropriate resource.
- To assist team members with research and obtain benchmark information; gathering and analysing information and data on costs, resources and performance in order to develop business cases, project plans, resource and risk assessments for specific projects within the programme.
- Working with the Project Managers, Business Change Officers and Operational Managers to support transition to the new state. Helping to identify the changes in processes, procedures and practices that are needed to deliver benefits and assist to embed these through positive engagement with stakeholders and the use of various tools and techniques.
Provide support for programme assurance and health checks, advising on potential solutions, for the constituent projects.
The job description reflects the major tasks to be carried out by the post holder and identifies a level of responsibility at which the post holder will be required to work. In the interests of effective working and major tasks may be reviewed from time to time to reflect changing needs and circumstances. Such reviews and other consequential changes will be carried out in consultation with the post holder. The post holder will be also required to carry out such other duties as may be determined from time to time to be within the general scope of the post.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
The appointment will be full time and subject to the conditions of service of the Police Staff Council.
The annual leave entitlement is 23 days with a further 5 days after 5 years
PROJECT SUPPORT OFFICER
- Experience within a programme/project management office.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a level of awareness of equality and diversity issues appropriate to this role.
- Understanding of the project management environment and experience of being involved in change projects.
- Proven ability to manage project documentation and prepare and present performance and management information and reports.
- Self-motivated and ability to plan and organise own workload to produce accurate work to set deadlines.
- Proven ability to undertake research and analysis and experience in problem solving.
- Excellent negotiation, initiative, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective at building team working relationships, with a flexible attitude to team roles.
- IT literacy including the use of Microsoft applications, the internet and Force systems that are relevant to the role.
Prepared and able to travel to different locations.
1. PRINCE2 Qualified
2. Experience in the use of Project Management Software
Please can you attach a 2000 words Supporting Statement to your application on a Word document
Important: The information and examples provided in the supporting statement is how applicants are marked/scored as to how their examples meet the essential and desirable criteria required for the role.
Please evidence your qualifications, experience, knowledge/skills/abilities and any special request for the role in not more than 2000 words.
You will need to give a full, clear, specific and demonstrate examples of how you meet the criteria. Please make it clear which criteria you are evidencing.
It is the example you provide in the supporting statement that will determine if you are suitable for the role.
Northamptonshire Police FHQ Police Headquarters Wootton Hall Northampton NN4 0JQ
Northamptonshire Police BU
Jun 30, 2020, 4:09:36 AM
Jul 14, 2020, 5:59:00 PM
Pound Sterling (GBP) £23,235