- A university degree
- 3+ years Transportation or Supply Chain experience, preferably in a similar role, within a high-volume logistics, manufacturing or engineering environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
Amazon is currently looking for a highly motivated, forward-thinking Transportation Carrier Manager to join the Transportation team.
The role represents a critical function with Amazon EU Operations to continuously improve the service levels, capacities, and costs of the EU Transportation Line Haul to ensure promises to the customers are being maintained.
Responsibilities as Transportation Carrier Manager
- Executes performance management metrics reviews (cost, speed, quality, etc.) for outbound transportation and derives improvement plans from it
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives with carriers, fulfillment centers, customer service and retail teams to improve customer experience, costs or processes
- Prepares and leads Ops calls, daily/weekly/quarterly business reviews
- Advises Amazon leadership team proactively on critical situations along with the expected impact and mitigation actions planned
- Produces and communicates transport plans/forecasts on a regular basis
- Manages transportation related escalations
- Drives root-cause analysis and the successful implementation of corrective actions with causing parties to improve service or cost, or to resolve a problem
- Drives innovation by taking ownership of new projects and its operational success
The position is based in the vibrant city of London, United Kingdom.
- Familiarity with operations and supply chain management concepts - forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics - gained through work experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to drive complex analysis, and making data driven decisions
- Additional European language is a plus
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organization offers also many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.