Assistant Vice President/Vice President, Investment Services Private Markets and Finance
The Investment Services Private Markets and Finance Department is responsible for investment services for the private market and financial management across the GIC group. It is responsible for providing operations and reporting support to the private market business of GIC as well as budgeting, accounting, payment processing, cash management, tax and financial & management reporting services to all departments, corporate management companies and the global offices of the GIC group. It is involved in deal structuring and closing, transaction processing, administration and accounting of investment holding companies, review of financial controls for asset operations, cash & securities reconciliation, valuation and financial reporting for assets under management, and external debt financing. We are looking for a suitable candidate to join the Finance & Accounting (“F&A”) team, in an Investment Support role. The role will support European Private Markets (predominantly Private Equity) as an Assistant Vice President/Vice President.
This role covers primarily the finance and valuations aspects of deal support and on-going monitoring of the investment structure and valuations across the Europe private market business units and is expected to work closely with various internal and external stakeholders. The role is also expected to support the Team Lead in various finance transformation initiatives related to the global finance team.
- Works closely with Investment Teams, Deal Closers, Tax, Legal and external advisors to provide finance expertise on deal closing and on-going monitoring:
- Provide financial and operational inputs on holding structures, funding mechanics, assess other accounting / valuations implications and manage various work streams with internal stakeholders and external advisors during investment/divestment process.
- Review monthly market value updates, prepare variance and returns analysis, work with the internal Valuations team and deal team where internal valuation is used.
- Partner with operation team to fulfil all operational requirements
- Works closely with Team Lead to design and implement various finance improvement initiatives and analytics as part of Finance Transformation
- Assist in coaching junior team members
- Investment support to Europe Infrastructure/Real Estate as per business needs Requirements
- Qualified Accountant, ideally big 4 trained
- At least 7 years relevant working experience (ideally within either Private Equity or Infrastructure and in supporting direct transactions)
- Good understanding of deal closing mechanics
- Excellent MS Office skills; experience in other BI tools and PE/Infra financial software a strong plus
- Comfortable working under pressure, including ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- A strong team player who is keen to learn and pick up new challenges in a dynamic and fast paced environment