The Banking Risk and Regulatory team within KPMG’s Risk Consulting group supports our banking clients to effectively manage the wide range of risks to which they are exposed, including financial, reputational and operational risks. We are experienced in managing diverse issues including regulatory compliance, risk management frameworks and financial risk modelling.
Climate risk has emerged as a top priority risk to banks and we are helping our clients to respond to the immense challenges posed by climate change, including how to integrate climate risk management and measurement, and meet global regulatory, investor and stakeholder demands.
We are looking for a Manager who is passionate and enthusiastic about climate change who can bring existing banking risk management expertise and experience, particularly credit risk, to help build out the development of our climate risk proposition and service offerings in this exciting, cutting edge, and incredibly important area, as well as delivering these offerings with our banking clients.
This opportunity is within our Banking Risk team, which is part of our Financial Risk Management consulting practice. This team houses many subject matter experts that focus on supporting our banking clients with achieving their prudential and conduct risk and regulatory objectives.
- Provide expertise / input on climate risk in the context of risk frameworks, governance, management and measurement, stress testing, strategy, and regulatory expectations.
- Contribute to the development of materials, tools and methodologies to support our climate risk proposition for use in client meetings, engagements, events, and broader thought leadership.
- Collaborate with global stakeholders on the development and coordination of climate risk offerings.
- Manages one or more client engagements or components of large scale engagements, delivering high quality climate risk support to our banking clients, including day to day management of team on engagements including coaching, providing constructive feedback and performance development.
- Ensures effective management of the risks and financials of engagements.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with middle to senior level staff internally and externally.
- Use knowledge of KPMG’s climate risk as well as broader service offerings to actively identify potential new business opportunities.
- Contribute to and/or manage the development of proposals.
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of climate risk regulations and an awareness of broader banking regulations, market trends, competitor activity and products/services.
- Provides technical knowledge, coaching and training to junior team members. Development Value:
This role provides a unique opportunity to be part of building KPMG’s banking risk capabilities in an exciting and rapidly evolving area. It will provide unique visibility across the firm and within our clients, and offer exposure to different parts of the firm, different clients, and different products and engagements.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Extensive experience of working in a risk management role within a financial or professional services firm with practical experience in credit risk, and ideally also across market risk, operational risk, liquidity risk, stress testing, risk frameworks and risk governance
- Experience in managing smaller teams of 2-5 people
- Understanding of the risks faced by financial services due to climate change and how they can be managed, measured, and integrated into banks risk management frameworks
- Knowledge and understanding of banking regulations in relation to climate risk
- Knowledge and experience of credit risk appetite, policies, processes, data, governance and documentation Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
- Self-starter, with the ability and desire to do own research and apply existing risk management expertise to new emerging areas such as climate risk frameworks, policies and processes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead diverse groups and develop strong networks
- Flexibility and agility to contribute to a broad range of banking risk engagements
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to multi-task effectively, with a practical solutions-driven approach
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, across individuals within the firm and our banking clients