Mishcon de Reya is an independent law firm, which now employs more than 900 people with over 550 lawyers offering a wide range of legal services to companies and individuals.
Based in London and Singapore, the firm services an international community of clients and provides advice in situations where the constraints of geography often do not apply. The work it undertakes is cross-border, multi-jurisdictional and complex, spanning six core practice areas: Corporate; Dispute Resolution; Employment; Intellectual Property; Private; and Real Estate.
Mishcon de Reya has grown rapidly in recent years, showing more than 80% revenue growth in the past five years alone. In 2015, the firm moved into a purpose designed building on Kingsway, and has converted to both an alternative business structure and LLP.
Mishcon de Reya prides itself on the diverse range of people who make up the firm. The central role played by the Academy, the firm's in-house place of learning, development and new thinking, and its active and innovative social impact strategy are reflected in its Investors in People Platinum standard.
To provide a high quality accounting service to the Firm; to be responsive to the changing needs and priorities of the department and to provide ad hoc support to departmental colleagues as and when required.
The Financial Accounting Manager will be responsible for the management of the Financial Accounting and the Accounts Payable team, and will have full ownership of the General Ledger.
General duties/responsibilities include:
- Review and oversee preparation of monthly P&L's - Departmental Contribution Statements / Overhead Statements / Firm Profit & Loss statements;
- Provide critical variance analysis of performance against budget and prior year of firm's costs;
- Liaise with Business Operations managers to improve their understanding of financial performance along with overseeing preparation of monthly departmental reports;
- Prepare cost and overhead budgets, and annual cashflow budget;
- Oversee weekly supplier/employee expenses payment runs ensuring appropriate authorisation and coding of invoices and expense claims;
- Full responsibility for the general ledger of the LLP and other entities, ensuring the general ledger is fully reconciled and with high quality transactional postings;
- Produce monthly cashflow statement and forecast;
- Review and preparation of quarterly VAT returns for the LLP and other entities;
- Working alongside the Tax and Reporting Manager to prepare the Annual Accounts for audit review for the LLP group and associated entities;
- Assist with the month end close process;
- Review and oversee monthly management accounts for all subsidiary entities;
- Maintenance and reconciliation of all intercompany accounts between the LLP and subsidiary entities;
- Respond to ad-hoc information requests and performing ad-hoc data analysis;
- Review of the firms asset spend and determining appropriate financing options as required;
- Input recommendations to enhance current processes/systems/reporting methods;
- Ad-hoc project work. Qualifications and skills
- Qualified accountant with strong financial and management accounting background
- Management experience essential
- Legal experience preferred but not essential
- Practice background preferred but not essential
- Significant experience of using Aderant, or other similar practice management system
- Excel/spreadsheet working to highest levels
- Ability to write and run SQL queries preferred but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage a team
- Ability to 'run with the program' Please note that this job profile is not an exhaustive list of duties but merely an outline of the key components of the role. You may be required by your line manager to take on additional responsibilities when requested.
Diversity & Inclusion lie at the heart of our core values. At Mishcon de Reya, our aim is to promote and foster a culture which embraces diversity, respect for the individual and the expression of talent, to empower individuals to fulfil their, and the firm's, potential. In order to support this, we recognise the importance of flexible and agile working and are open to having conversations on how this could work for you and our business.
Share this job
Contact * Mishcon de Reya LLP
- Africa House
- 70 Kingsway
- London WC2B 6AH Contact
Mishcon de Reya LLP is an alternative business structure. It became a limited liability partnership on 9 October 2015. Copyright ©2020 Mishcon de Reya LLP