Making a difference. That's what a career at AGCO is all about. At AGCO you have a voice and the opportunity to impact our long-term success, as well as your own
AGCO is a global leader focused on the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural machinery and infrastructure. AGCO supports more productive farming through a full line of tractors, combines, hay tools, sprayers, forage equipment, tillage, implements, grain storage and protein production systems, as well as related replacement parts. AGCO products are sold through five core brands, Challenger®, Fendt®, GSI®, Massey Ferguson® and Valtra® and are distributed globally through 3,150 independent dealers and distributors in more than 140 countries worldwide. Our diverse product line, global reach and technological solutions help our customers not only survive today’s changing landscape, but to also prosper. Visit for more information.
IT Project Manager / IT Project Lead
A permanent opportunity has arisen to join the MIS team, working as a IT Project Manager. This position will report into the IT Lead II.
The IT Lead 1 position is responsible for providing project management and business systems support leadership. This will facilitate consistent delivery of global and regional projects that efficiently and effectively meet business expectations with regard to time, cost and quality in support and alignment with AGCO’s strategic plans. Responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects including tasks such as the development of project timelines and resource plans, monitoring and summarizing progress of the project, and ensuring buy-in from project stakeholders and process owners. In addition, this resource ensures appropriate resource utilization, management of issues, dependencies and risks throughout the project lifecycle and compliance with project methodologies, plans and budgets. They will also ensure the provision of appropriate support for the current production systems running across the EME network.
Job Function and Responsibilities
- Serve as Project Manager, responsible for overall project definition, management and tracking, covering the entire lifecycle, from project definition and business requirements gathering, through implementation, including integration, training, data migration, go-live, support and closeout, including standard functionalities, custom developments and support models.
- Works with managers to ensure proper staffing, utilization, and performance of the team is tracked throughout lifecycle of project including support.
- Provides day-to-day initiative leadership, instrumentation, analytics and reporting consistent with the agreed upon project baseline and prepares communications for the initiative through systematic, structured communications.
- Establishes work plans in conjunction with Business and IT Delivery leadership, and establishes resource plans for each phase of a project. Confers with customer and project staff to ensure assignment of duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Prepares and reviews project proposals, Statements of Work and/or requests for proposal with potential vendors for goods and services within the scope of the project activities. Facilitate vendor presentations, workshops, demonstrations etc.
- Monitors progress, identifies dependencies on other projects, manages risks and issues closely through systematic review of analytics produced by PMO combined with experience base.
- Facilitates regularly scheduled project reviews and provides regular communication of project status. Ensures project milestones and stage gates are defined and met, testing (e.g., unit, system, integration, user, performance) is completed satisfactorily and adherence to controls achieved.
- Ensure individual and team compliance with all AGCO policies and procedures including Sarbanes Oxley, IT and Security. Follow established governance processes and standards. Qualifications and Experience
- Proven track record of strong team leadership experience is essential
- Proven experience in AS400 is essential
- A background in logistics (warehousing/distribution) is essential
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills, capable of interacting with multiple levels of IT and business management
- Agile, Prince2, PMP or other formal project management qualification is desirable
- Successfully influences diverse groups and teams in a complex, ambiguous and rapidly changing environment to deliver value-added solutions
- Able to synthesize complex topics into meaningful information and prepare materials appropriate for senior level communications. Your perspective:
Be part of our UK office which supports AGCOs Europe, Africa and Middle East Region and is located on beautiful parkland setting in Warwickshire. State of the art offices provide a pleasant working environment and all the facilities you would expect from a progressive global organisation.
We have over 30 nationalities working within our UK Operation to support our customers’ global needs. AGCO is an exciting Company with a rapidly changing and growing environment and attaches great importance to the provision of continuous personal learning and development.
We offer the following benefits:
- Basic salary: Negotiable
- A company performance / Individual performance related bonus (10%)
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme (The company contributes up to 10% for a 5% employee contributions)
- Life assurance and critical illness cover for Pension members
- BUPA Healthcare
- 26 days holidays + statutory holidays
- Childcare vouchers
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme for employees and their immediate family
- On-site parking
- On-site restaurant Employee development and growth is part of our company culture. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in an inspiring multinational environment for a leading global player of agricultural solutions, we look forward to receiving your application!