Having a strong background in graphic design for products, leaflets and the web, the candidate will be involved in the creation and development of product branding, as well as technical instructions, installation guides, all the way through to manufacture. The role requires designers to work at a quick pace and make intelligent design decisions in relation to the Rugged brand as well as manufacturing costs and feasibility. Good project management skills are required, as is the ability to support the wider team whilst being able to work successfully with minimal supervision.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic creative, with both proven and demonstrable experience as a professional graphic designer. They will have experience of working in a similar role, be a confident communicator and have a forensic eye for detail. Experience of working with manufacturers is crucial, as is a solid knowledge of appropriate programs such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign and some understanding of website design through Wordpress or WIx. They must be able to perceive the ‘Rugged’ brand’s character and know how to reflect this through design. They should be creatively and technically adaptable with a strong background in taking a hands-on approach to managing multiple, varied and sometimes complex projects.
- Design creative graphics and marketing material; for digital, print and production.
- Design and prepare artworks for Rugged Interactive products.
- Help maintain the company website: www.rugged-interactive.co.uk.
- Create and maintain Installation and Instruction Manuals and other documentation.
- Create material for social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn) and deliver digital marketing content alongside marketing team.
- Help design email newsletters.
- Potential to attend trade shows; engage with prospective customers and demonstrate equipment.
- Contribute to product development. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A degree level qualification in an appropriate design course.
- Demonstrable experience in commercial design.
- A portfolio of previous designs, projects and accomplishments.
- A strong design awareness (e.g. a solid understanding of layout design).
- An interest in website design, email newsletter design.
- Highly skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (CC); Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office product suite. COMPETENCIES
- Organised, self-motivated and with the ability to work quickly and accurately.
- A keen approach towards self-learning and development.
- Be full of fresh ideas and a confident decision maker.
- Ability to manage and coordinate changing priorities and capable of multi-tasking.
- A level of spontaneity and technical confidence.
- Exceptional attention to detail with a drive for excellence.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible with work duties and hours, and able to attend other sites for which travel may be required. Company Description
Rugged Interactive is an innovator, designing and manufacturing products for the gym, school, healthcare and trampoline markets.
Our customers are premier league teams, F1 teams, gyms, schools and everyone in between. We exist to use technology to make it easier for everyone to get active over a lifetime!
- HQ - 1 Callywith Court, Callywith Gate Industrial Estate, Bodmin, but occasionally at remote locations as directed (Such as our Sales location in Bristol) - Occasionally it may be necessary to spend time working away from HQ, and expenses and accommodation will be covered. Hours and Notice Period
- 7-4pm daily, 4 days a week, 7-12 Friday - with 45 mins lunch break
- Notice: 1 month (employer to employee and vice versa) Paid Holiday & other benefits
- 25 days paid holiday per year (Inc 3 day Christmas shutdown)
- 8 Bank Holidays
- Additional extra day’s holiday for every full year of service after yr1
- Birthday off + £ contribution
- Paid at source pension scheme.
- Contribution to gym / healthclub
- Sick pay: Statutory sick pay applies
- Overtime: not paid but time off in lieu unless previously agreed Salary
- £25,000 - £27,500 PA paid Monthly in arrears Other Application Details
To make an application please click 'register and apply' or 'login and apply'.
Please upload your CV AND Covering letter explaining suitability to the job role.