Company : Conquip
Job Location : Alton, Hampshire, UK
Posted on : 2022-08-02T00:44:39Z
Job Description :
Conquip Engineering Group
We have an immediate vacancy for a key part of our group within the Refurb and Workshop disciplines. The ideal candidate will have the relevant experience below, a great work ethic, attention to detail and true problem solving abilities.
At Conquip, we are always looking for people to go above and beyond, and in return, we offer a market leading salary and the prospect of progression and up-skilling within your given field.
Job Title / Description Cantideck Workshop Operative
Reports to: This position reports to the Warehouse Manager, who in turn reports to the Transport & Logistics Manager.
Main Purpose of the Role
Working within the CantiDeck / BulkX Operations team as workshop engineer and remote yard operative to
ensure that required output is achieved in an efficient and effective manner whilst adhering to all H&S
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Unloading deliveries, mainly by forklift and gantry crane, receipting paperwork accurately. You would be using telehandlers and 5ton crane to handle awkwardly shaped and heavy products.
2. Out in the yard you would use a 3-ton industrial tele handler JCB tele truck as well as a normal Counterbalance Forklift and Telescopic Reach Truck.
3. Washing and preparing heavy steel equipment for repairs and painting.
4. Repairing and modifying heavy steel equipment for dispatch.
5. Fitting and welding work required.
6. Painting of Conquip & Customer equipment
7. Picking and preparing equipment for dispatch to orders.
8. Loading trucks by forklift and gantry crane for delivers, including company trucks and external transport companies.
9. Competent to carry out work alone.
10. Complying with the company’s health & safety requirements.
11. Checking equipment for correct qty and / or damage and accurately relay this information back to the
12. Suitable and organised storage of equipment, both new and hire.
13. Being called on at short notice to carry out tasks.
14. Understand the applications of CantiDeck, Bulk-X skips and shoring equipment.
15. Prepared to go the extra mile for the company and the customer in whatever form that it may present itself.
16. Accountable for time.
17. To follow job sheets and complete tasks to the highest standards.
18. To ensure the cleanliness of the department at all times.
19. Assisting with regular stock checking.
20. To remove waste material and dispose of it in an appropriate manner.
Basic Skills Required
· Good Planning and organisational skills
· Mechanical or welding experience, not necessarily both. · Experience of paint spraying is an advantage
Key Personality Traits Required
· Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
· Accuracy and attention to details.
· Good, clear communication skills.
· Have a can do, problem solving attitude and ability to work fast paced in a high-pressure environment.
· Be positive and perform at your highest level.
· Understand and aligned with Conquips’ 5 core values: Earn Trust, Take Ownership of outcomes,
Execution Matters, Be a winner win as a team, Relentlessly positive.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply directly to the advert for the quickest response, or reach out to our Head of Recruitment for further information.
We look forward to hearing from you,