Role PMO Data and Project Accounting Analyst
Rate £550 PAYE
Duration 6 months
Main Purpose of the Role:
The PMO Analytics Delivery Process team is responsible for the data and process that regulates portfolio, programme and project delivery which is the foundation of management reporting, planning and strategy.
The PMO Data and Project Accounting Analyst will work closely with the Central PMO teams to agree the definition and will lead the implementation / maintenance of data in the Change Management database; and will constantly look for opportunities to eliminate duplicate processes and sources of data and improve the outputs of the Central PMO Analytics, Delivery and Process team. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Develop an understanding of the underlying Change data model and apply this to the maintenance of the quality of Change ``golden source of data including resource; project forecast and actuals; project, programme and portfolio scope and details. The data model supports several MUFG entities and the scope of this task will cover all discretionary activity, irrespective of funding source, as far as possible
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of Portfolio, Programme and Project Management (PPM) toolset static data and live service. This will include delivering communications about changes to the toolset (both data and service) and delivering training e.g. as part of on-boarding new users. Golden Source of data:
- Modelling and projection of run rates, cost to complete, capacity to ensure early identification of under/overspend
- Manage all resource scheduling across the portfolio ($, headcount, spend) to ensure full utilization of portfolio resources and allow for engagement with Technology resourcing teams
- Investigate, explain and produce commentary of variances to budget and forecast (rate and volume). This includes presenting to senior management such as CIO, Head of Change Management and Programme Leads. The data should be generated in a way that can be viewed holistically as well as to a regional / entity specific level. The PPM data model should be secure so there is no data contamination across entities.
- Apply understanding of policy vs working practice implemented in Planview to explain for example, blended Vs actual rate discrepancies
- Linkage of project reporting (cash basis) to accounting view (capitalised). Engaging with Finance to be aware of different policies used across both entities
- Ensure both P&L and Balance Sheet reporting related to the portfolio is accurate and fit for purpose for Finance to use. Attend regular meetings with Finance to work on issues / integration of tool set, processes, data and structure of financial reporting. Presentation to senior Finance colleagues on Change Management proposals for process / procedure change.
- Engage with Finance teams to ensure accurate recharge processes are managed. Identify improvements that can be implemented to reduce onerous manual processes currently in place. Project forecast and actuals:
- Oversee the reconciliation of invoices received against forecasts and confirm actuals to date with project managers / PMO's. Be a point of escalation to ensure this process is completed on time. Work with Procurement, projects managers and Accounts Payable to resolve ad hoc Accounts Payable enquiries in order to resolve payment issues. Look to anticipate queries and working on proposals proactively
- Ensure project actuals / forecasts are kept up to date in the PPM tool via reconciliations with general ledger data and review of previous reports. Using the PPM tool, update and manage portfolio financials and provide consistent and accurate financial reports to stakeholders including International Head of Delivery Management; Central PMO Strategy and Reporting team; and Tokyo teams.
- Aggregate and report on project benefits, allocations and BAU impact and provide to relevant business units who utilize information in wider business. This involves reporting to the Senior Management team, Finance and other business management teams.
- Run annual allocation reviews with Front Office Business management functions and ensure sign off from all relevant parties prior to final publication. Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working in or closely with Finance (especially Accounting Control and FP&A teams)
- Experience of working on Oracle
- Good understanding of financial products and front-to-back processes
- Demonstrable track record of managing multiple stakeholders and building relationships across diverse skill sets and across the organization
- Understanding of project budgeting; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Track record of delivering solutions to actions.
- Proven experience of managing budgets.
- Excellent MS Office skills with advanced Excel skills If you have similar experience to that outlined above, please forward your CV today.
Randstad Financial & Professional encourage applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Randstad Financial & Professional acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003