Project Manager Technical Sales AGV
Jungheinrich are global leaders in the manufacture and development of advanced materials handling technology, from forklifts to fully automated warehouses.
Efficient processes are crucial to the success of a company. That is why we have made intralogistics our passion. We ensure that our customers benefit from the most cost-effective products, systems and services for their requirements, irrespective of their industry or business size.
The Project Manager Technical Sales (PMTS) is responsible for the technical sales of AGV systems in customer projects.
In situations where the AGV system is part of a wider implementation (such as part of an ASRS project), the PMTS will takes over the sub-project management for the above-mentioned project scope.
1. Operational duties
- Optimal conversion of presented opportunities into orders and tracking of sales targets (e.g. sales and gross profit), consultation with superiors in the event of deviations
- On-time and target-oriented processing of opportunities and projects in Technical Sales in accordance with uniform quality standards
- Use of the documents and tools provided and compliance with the polices and standard processes
- Participation in trade fairs and customer events
- Supporting marketing and product management with data and forecasts as well as product demonstrations 2. Technical duties in customer projects
- If required, inspection of the local conditions at the customer's site to verify feasibility; in case of deviations, clarification of required changes (on-site, pro-cesses) with customer and/or project design
- Analysis of the actual situation and coordination/determination of basic logistical data with end customers or internal organizations
- Clarification and planning of transport and storage strategies and design of layout, driving path and storage taking into account the required function, dimensioning and performance, if necessary with project design within the task area
- Determination of truck type, number and design/equipment by means of data sheets and tools; determination and design of energy system
- Clarification of mechanical and control interfaces, if necessary with project de-sign, specialist department and external suppliers.
- If required, clarification, planning, dimensioning and request of peripheral elements/works, such as racking, conveyor technology, WMS/ WCS at internal and external suppliers as well as request of customer services (Implementation support)
- Preparation of requested documents to internal and external suppliers
- Calculation of the total projects
- Layout creation in AutoCAD
- Creation of a material flow and safety concept
- Preparation of the offer (with technical delimitations and deviations to the inquiry) incl. attachments and the project calculation; coordination with the superior
- If necessary, initiation of approval procedures (e.g. KR0052)
- Presentation and negotiation of the offer with the customer, revision if necessary
- Review contract terms and conditions, with local experts (LCM) or CLE if necessary.
- Participation in the definition of contract contents
- Coordination and execution of reference visits if required
- Follow-up of the project until project completion in Technical Sales Implementation
- Execution of internal kick-off and handover of all relevant project information to Project Manager Implementation (PMI) Innovation Introduction AGV or Project Manager Implementation (PMI) in AGV Unit or Sales Unit
- Taking part in the creation of specifications
- Participation in external kick off meeting at customer 3. Project management duties
- Compilation and management of the project team in the Technical Sales department
- Scheduling and coordination, e.g. with the specialist departments (especially with regard to deadlines)
- System-based project management (maintenance of project management tool)
- Reporting to superiors on project status 4. Interfaces
- AGV Unit according to contact list
- Other departments in the sales units (e.g. customer service, serial sales)
- Technical Account Management AGV
- Key Account Management
- Standards & Processes AGV
- Shared Services SWA
- Shared Services Group (e.g. CLE)
- CPP-AV (Product and Portfolio Management)
- Suppliers (internal and external)
- Safety specialists of the sales units / SWA-AV division Role Requirements
- University or technical college degree in mechanical engineering or industrial engineering with a focus on production and logistics or equivalent qualification obtained in another way.
- At least 3 years of sales and project planning experience in plant engineering / intralogistics with automatic industrial trucks, materials handling technology and logistical ancillary trades with proven track record
- In depth knowledge in the field of logistics, specialized in forklift technology, especially AGVs, control technology and IT for material flow systems
- Experience / knowledge in factory automation
- Knowledge of CAD systems
- High level knowledge of MS Office applications
- Business fluent in English, other foreign languages would be an advantage Competencies Required
- Team oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Convincing personality with the willingness to realize his/her potential and to take over responsibility
- Willingness to travel
- High resilience
- Creative approach to tasks
- Flexible and dynamic thinking
- Structured way of working
- Willingness to change / adapt Apply for this Job
- Required First Name *
Last Name *
Drop files here
Drop files here
How did you hear about this job? *
What are your salary expectations? *
Point of Data Transfer *
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Jungheinrich UK Ltd (“Controller”), which is located at Jungheinrich UK Ltd. Sherbourne House, Sherbourne Drive, Tilbrook, Milton Keynes, MK7 8HX. Tel: 01908 363100 and can be contacted by emailing . Controller's data protection officer is Michael Paul, who can be contacted at . Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller's recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller's behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at .
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.