IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
IGT is the market leader in the design and manufacture of casino games with a presence in almost all jurisdictions offering legalized gambling. The game studios provide a fun and collaborative environment for game designers, software engineers, and software test to make games. We move quickly to market changes and innovate constantly to provide our players with the best gaming experiences.
We are looking for an experienced Software Test Engineer to join our Manchester studio. If you have a passion for technology as it relates to making high quality games, enjoy working in a team environment and have a commitment to providing a world class customer experience, we would be interested in talking to you. You will typically work under the mentorship of a senior tester, testing gaming software to ensure it meets required customer, jurisdictional and functional specifications and complies with regulatory requirements, with an expectation to become independent. You will develop and execute test plans and test scripts for game software and assist in defining test standards.
This role offers a wide variety of challenges to solve and explore problems related to innovative slot game-play concepts, and finding creative ways to meet the demands of players around the globe.
Due to our international structure, IGT provides you with a challenging multicultural environment where you can use your initiative and contribute to the realization of the company’s targets. IGT strongly believes in personal development and invests continually in training and coaching.
- Test and prove that the software meets functional, system and jurisdictional requirements.
- Prepare test plans, test cases and test scripts.
- Work closely with software developers and producers.
- Detect bug issues.
- Prepare file defect reports and report test progress.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Investigate production issues.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies. Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science degree in computer science, or equivalent commercial working experience.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in software quality assurance including test plan development, software testing, experience with test tools, knowledge of quality assurance processes/methodologies.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and team-orientated with a passion for developing high-quality games.
- Demonstrates strong collaboration skills, working side-by-side with other disciplines involved in the game development process.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Preferred Qualifications
- Working knowledge of Slot gaming regulations.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools. Expected Role Behaviour
- Drive results to achieve high-quality work results regardless of work complexity
- Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally
- Decision making to identify and understand situations; identify opportunities to proactively resolve
- Personal energy to proactively address situations and adopt a positive approach; resilience in front of change and obstacles
- Self-leadership to continuously learn and develop yourself
- Foster innovation Company Benefits
- Challenging projects using cutting-edge technologies
- Continuous professional growth
- Excellent working conditions and Class-A office
- Budget for learning, sport and other perks
- Life insurance x 3
- Income protection
- Travel Insurance
- Private medical
- Private dental
- 25 days holiday Life at IGT
- 12,000 employees
- Freedom and autonomy to work how you want to
- Many employees been here at IGT for 10, 15, 20+ years
- Market Leader in field
- US$6B revenue
- Lots of opportunity for development
- Very good working conditions
- Informal work environment
- Global Footprint
- Continuously work with leading-edge Technology
- IGT’s GameTouch™ 20 Wins Lottery Product of the Year at the International Gaming Awards (2019)
- We are IGT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rclUl_sOS8
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, and to creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, covered veteran status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, federal laws or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit .