ROLE: Client-side Marketing Communications Campaign Manager - 6 months
LOCATION: Hybrid - ideally, we'd love you to be in the office 1-2 days a week (20-40%) - this could be in Northampton, Glasgow or London (Canary Wharf). But don't let this deter you - for the right candidate, if you can come in for team meetings to Northampton once a month that will work too
As an experienced client-side Marketing Communications Manager, you'll quickly slot right into the Network Marketing team who own the marketing channel strategy across Branch, Partnerships and Virtual channels. You'll have the right skills and experience to ensure you hit the ground running, adding value from the off with the flexibility to work across a variety of different projects.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
You're a highly collaborative self-starter who's great at managing stakeholders and skilled at running projects efficiently and delivering effective content end to end.
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
The Network Marketing team is an experienced group of 12 who are responsible for creating, delivering and optimising marketing content for the Barclays branch network. They own the marketing channel strategy across Branch, Flex, Partnerships and Virtual channels and deliver content for hero branch marketing campaigns, branch transformation initiatives, manage/optimise BAU content. They're set up to reflect this range of activity and work closely and collaboratively across the workstreams. Within their remit, they:
1) Support strategic projects in line with evolving business strategy
2) Are responsible for the creation and maintenance of world class marketing programmes and campaigns which enable colleagues across distribution channels to have effective conversations with customer segments to help them with their 'jobs to be done', which ultimately will lead to commercial performance
3) Are responsible for Marketing Network Operations, which includes owning and maintaining stock management of all content (inc non marketing), infrastructure
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE:
This role exists to manage the end to end delivery of brilliantly effective content for customers and colleagues.
Your main responsibilities will include:
1) Creating and producing Network Content, differentiating Barclays vs. competitors, through superior communications quality. Content could include:
i) Channel management, inc the ownership of plans and the periodic refresh of content within our digital and physical channels, aligned to key priorities and segment needs.
ii) Annual refresh of existing marketing items
iii) Campaigns such as TTL 'Hero Campaigns' which could include experiential, and colleague support tools for the Network staff
iv) Marketing pilots to support the transformation of the Network.
2) Delivering exceptional e2e campaign management including the embedding of 'after-care' stages of content delivery, including:
- Discovery & planning - defining the goals, high level segmentation, timings and budgets
- Strategy - determine the communications strategy (audiences) and channel strategy
- Supplier management- Expert management of agency and print partners including detailed planning on stock management and distributions
- Content creation - striving for creative excellence for customer facing content and colleague tools, via agency partners or internal studio
- Stakeholder sign off - meeting the needs whilst retraining customer centricity
- Print and digital marketing production - working with print partners to ensure quality materials and distributed on time without error
- Measurement of success
- Optimisation for future iteration 3) Managing campaign budgets - thoughtfully and efficiently as to maximise the impacts of funding
4) Being prepared to work in an agile fashion, ensuring collaborative working and creative alignment.
5) Working collaboratively with the Brand & Marketing team to ensure confident activation of emerging BUK brand guidelines across all of Content Marketing's execution
6) Being organised yet flexible to leverage content channel specialism and omni-channel content development. Do this by managing relationships with the wider Marketing Teams and various external agency partners.
7) Working in partnership with colleagues across the Network to strive to improve marketing for colleagues and customers
8) Role-modelling desired behaviours and supporting the embedding of a genuinely collaborative spirit, inside and outside the team - help make the Branch Marketing & Team a great place to work.
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
Our ideal candidate:
Is resolute in meeting promises and hitting objectives and deadlines, can plan well and deliver to that plan.
Is collaborative, listens and engages with all levels of the organisation and Colleagues, Customers & Clients
Wants Barclays to be at the forefront of Marketing - constantly striving for positive innovation.
Is resilient to challenge and looks for feedback and insight from everything around them.
Has the ability to understand, and then navigate, the internal workings of Barclays. Will achieve this by developing strong & meaningful stakeholder relationships with key contacts - relationships that are based on mutual respect.
Has strong leadership skills - particularly leadership of projects & purpose.
Loves Barclays and wants the bank to be loved by Clients, Customers and Colleagues
Is comfortable with ambiguity and transformation; someone who can thrive and inspire others in/to change.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
Marketing experience: Experience of delivering marketing for large-scale organisations
Content planning and delivery: proven experience at translating business
objectives and targets into an excellent agency brief, plus ability to proactively manage end to end campaign steps effectively to ensure communications are delivered to a high standard, and on time.
Customer Focus: Instinctive approach to matching customer needs with our Content opportunities.
Results & Measurement Focus: Track record of delivering measurable content, with positive results (commercial or brand).
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
Qualifications: The role-holder is likely to be degree-level qualified in
Marketing (be it university or industry-based qualifications).
Industry Experience: Extensive marketing experience and experience of
working in high performing teams
Strategic Thinking: Able to shape strategy and convert into tactical
execution. Ability to make decisions that will (positively) impact the future strategic direction of Customer Network Content Marketing and BUK in general.
Retail Marketing: A wide range of Retail Marketing experience, and proven results, from prominent high street brands - including analysing customer behaviour in branch, developing customer journeys, understanding retail merchandising principles and effective retail design, plus delivery point of sale collateral
Budget Management: confident in the careful and controlled management of budgets.
External Awareness: Ability to spot world-class organisational capability across a variety of industries.
Driving Innovation: Ability to analyse situations in order to proactively spot opportunities and purposefully propose positive change and innovation.
Subject Knowledge: In content disciplines and its impact on Colleague, Customer & Client experience.
Influencing Skills: Including negotiating with internal & external stakeholders; whilst also influencing the future direction of (and outlining the high-quality expectations within) Customer Network Content Marketing & BUK.
Communication & Presentation skills: Ability to positively impact their own personal impact (internally) and the public image of Barclays (externally) through confident, impactful & high quality communications and presentations. Confident in 'communicating our story' to a vast range of key influencers.
When you apply for this role please indicate your location, target salary and notice period as we are unable to consider your application without this information.
Lots of agencies say they're different. OLIVER is.
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand's organisation; delivering more effective work at the speed required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique Inside Intelligence methodology, we build specialist, dedicated in-house agencies that collaborate with clients to form better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by over 2000 people, working across more than 200 in-house agencies globally. Clients include The Guardian, Unilever, Barclaycard, PepsiCo, AXA, The AA, Adidas, BMW, Post Office, and 3M. OLIVER is part of the Inside Ideas Group (IIG), which also includes a global content agency to Adjust your Set, design, experience, and engineering company DARE and property marketing specialists Aylesworth Fleming.
We are a company built on our values; we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious to succeed
Be Imaginative to push the boundaries of what's possible
Be Inspirational to do ground breaking work
Be always learning and listening to understand
Be Results-focused to exceed expectations
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
Job ID: 4093