At a glance
The Commercial Department CF consists of Sales (Business Development Managers), Relationship Management, Asset Management, Commercial Support and Project Management. The Sales team is responsible for new business development, predominantly via introducers. The Relationship Managers nurture the relationship with existing customers and support the Sales team on new transactions. The Asset Managers are responsible for monitoring the assets in the facilities with customers. The Commercial Support team supports both the Sales team and the Relationship Managers. The Commercial Department is also responsible for KYC activities.
The Sales Manager is responsible for generating new business by seeking referrals, utilising own established network and connections and advising and selling Commercial Finance products and services to new prospects, with a view to realising long term profitability, and Key Business Introducer and Client satisfaction. Focus is on sustainable growth, balancing risk and reward, and growing the portfolio in line with the Return on Equity targets and ABF growth strategy. The job holder is responsible for building the ABN AMRO brand in their region and the UK. The job holder actively promotes cross sell of other ABF and/or bank services.
Maintains formal and informal contacts with a variety of stakeholders throughout the organisation and represents ACF in dealings with influential organisations within the field. Is visibly active on business within his/her area of focus, in co-ordination with other ACF and ABN AMRO Stakeholders.
Analyses and assesses quality of the prospect, what is and is not possible with regards to the prospect, the position of the company in relation to developments within the industry, etc, the risks and the securities to be provided by the client, all within the parameters of the current credit policy, the operational processing opportunities and the rates to be realised. In the context of those activities, considers and takes account of the clients interests.
The jobholder is required to act as a strong first line of defence (LoD), which is demonstrated in the quality of the credit proposals they submit. Also in ensuring compliance with all ‘Licence to Operate’ measures.
Your working environment
ABN AMRO is an enterprising bank with a primary focus on Northwest Europe. We serve clients in the retail, private banking and corporate banking sectors. We are also present internationally in a number of specialist activities, such as Corporate and Commercial Banking, Asset Based Finance and Clearing.
At ABN AMRO we have a clear purpose: Banking for better, for generations to come. The shift towards sustainability is one of the most important challenges of our time. Supporting our clients at times that matter has always been our role and our responsibility. Together, we aim high and work towards lasting relationships that are relevant and responsible, both now and in the future. We want to be the bank that leads the way.
Our strategy goes far beyond financial value: we want to accelerate the transition to sustainability. We do this by supporting and advising our clients in order to facilitate their sustainability shift. Our commitment to clients, employees, investors and society calls for clear direction, focus and dedication.
We concentrate on our three strategic pillars:
- Support our clients’ transition to sustainability
- Reinvent the customer experience
- Build a future-proof bank Our strategy requires a culture of working together and permanent learning. It’s only with this mindset that we unleash the best in ourselves to deliver a high standard of performance. ABN AMRO’s culture is the catalyst for the evolution in which we find ourselves: our people are imaginative, trust each other and do just that little bit extra to help clients.
ABN AMRO UK is part of the Corporate Banking business line and operates the following businesses in the UK:
- Corporate and Institutional Banking which includes Corporate Banking, Clearing, Global Markets - Sales & Trading and Financial Institutions
- Commercial Banking which includes Asset Based Finance and International Desk, which provides transactional banking services Our business lines are supported by a number of functions such as Risk, Compliance, Legal, IT, Finance (Including Tax), Business Management and Human Resources. We currently employ approx. 380 people in the UK.
- Academic degree in Finance, Economics or a related discipline is preferable
- Working experience in a commercial finance environment
- Extensive knowledge of commercial finance/ABL market, products & activities, and underwriting requirements
- Strong established network and connections with the ability to generate leads
- High level of understanding of country & regulatory principles and rules
- Knowledge of Compliance topics and processes
- Proven ability to successfully deliver sustainable financial performance
- View on developments in the financial industry and the ability to relate this to the CF activities of ABN AMRO
- Credibility and gravitas to represent ABN AMRO in a professional way to internal and external stakeholders What we offer
Joining ABN AMRO means working on meaningful projects. Projects that have an impact on millions of our clients. Working with a wide range of people with different backgrounds, opinions and ideas. In the Netherlands or in our international network. As a graduate or an experienced (interim) professional. We offer an environment where you will be challenged on a daily basis - professionally as well as on a personal level - so that you can grow to become the professional you want to be.
Joining ABN AMRO means working on meaningful projects. Projects that have an impact on our clients. Working with a wide range of people with different backgrounds, opinions and ideas. In the UK, in the Netherlands or elsewhere in our international network. We offer an environment where you will be challenged on a daily basis - professionally as well as on a personal level - so that you can grow to become the professional you want to be.
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
We have identified that the following types of flexible working may be suitable for this role in principle. Any requests will be determined in line with our Flexible Working Policy:
Type of Flexible WorkingMay be Considered
Remote WorkingYes (working from home from time to time if work allows)
Staggered hoursYes (subject to business coverage)
OtherYes (will consider requests in line with business need)
Are you interested? Please apply via the button below.
For more information please contact Niki Champion, Senior Resourcing Partner, UKrecruitment@uk.abnamro.com, +44 203 192 9342.