The role provides an insight into how the major firms operate and how they are responding to current issues in the profession and changes in regulatory requirements. Successful candidates will also have the satisfaction of being able to influence the practices and procedures of the major audit firms to enhance quality. The successful candidate will:
- Conduct audit file reviews, focusing on the largest and most complex banking audits subject to AQR inspection. File reviews include analysis of audit workpapers, information gathering through informal and formal questioning of the audit team, discussion with the audit firm of potential issues identified, and concludes with final written reporting.
- Conduct inspections of firm-wide procedures at the major audit firms as required.
- Lead tranches of banking audit quality inspection activity as required.
- Lead or participate in other projects as required
- Supervision and coaching of more junior team members as required Skills required
An accountancy qualification as well as significant experience at a senior level in external banking audit are required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A professional accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, or equivalent).
- Significant post qualification experience in the audits of listed banks and other credit institutions.
- Strong technical auditing and accounting skills, particularly in banking.
- A demonstrable interest and involvement in an audit firm's audit quality initiatives.
- Ability to understand and assess significant volumes of information quickly and through this identify aspects of potential audit quality concern.
- Ability to build constructive and professional relationships with senior audit team and audit firm personnel.
- Ability to challenge the judgements made and quality of work performed by audit teams authoritatively, and to present and discuss issues arising on their merits in a calm and professional manner, especially regarding audit work performed on the largest and most complex banking audits.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including report drafting, presenting AQR findings accurately, fairly and convincingly.
- Enthusiasm to work collaboratively with AQR and other colleagues.
- Effective project and time management skills. The role is based in our Central London Office, but the post holder should be able to work flexibly to support the team's activities and provide cover within the firm, as necessary.
Randstad Financial & Professional encourage applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Randstad Financial & Professional acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003