Location of Role: Chelmsford
Advert Closing Date: 07/05/2021
Job Grade/Rank: £34,578.00 - £37,281.00
Part/Full Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Mon-Fri
Weekend/Evening Working: No
You’ll have an unmovable passion for design, Policing and public service and be comfortable in turning ideas into excellent, professional final products. We’re looking for a creative, collaborative individual to join our diverse content team.
We are an award-winning Media and Communications team, and as a Senior Graphic Designer, your job will be to create high-quality Graphic Design work for both internal and external audiences. Your role will be a versatile one, with lots of variety – including designing for high-profile campaigns.
You’ll need to be experienced in Graphic Design, the design process and the Adobe Suite. You will need to have experience supervising multiple projects, team members and clients; you’ll be used to meeting client objectives, budgets and tight deadlines.
You will be based at our Chelmsford HQ, but this role can require travel, so access to a vehicle is desirable.
In your application we will be looking for you to demonstrate:
- Expert knowledge of current graphic design software applications and techniques, such as Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe illustrator and Acrobat Professional, Quark Express, Dreamweaver etc.
- A technical background in graphic design with around 3 to 5 years relevant experience
- The ability to understand complex and sensitive communication issues together with an appreciation of their potential impact upon the community.
- The ability to advise on the correct format and brand to be used when promoting a campaign, presentation in support of the force strategies.
- Attention to detail, analytical skills, enthusiasm, self-discipline, self-motivation, flexibility, patience, good organisation and prioritisation skills It would also be desirable if you could evidence:
- Professional communication skills with a broad and deep range of practical skills and experience including but not limited to content development, media relations, campaigning, filming and editing, media relations, advising senior management, crisis communications For more information about this role, please contact Gareth Fient, Content, Platforms and Insight Manager, by email: Gareth.Fient@essex.police.uk
Your application is shortlisted on the content provided within the 'reason for application' section. Please ensure you provide as much detail as possible as insufficient information may mean that you do not meet the shortlisting criteria.
Your reason for application will be limited to 9000 characters. Within your answer please refer to the criteria stated in this job advert and include any experience, skills and abilities you feel you have that will make you suitable for the role.
All of our posts require a level of vetting and security clearance. During the recruitment process you will be sent on-line vetting information forms to complete.
If you require any assistance or further information regarding this opportunity please contact the Business Centre on 01245 452833 or alternatively email
Kent Police and Essex Police welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender, sex (or gender), employment status.
If you have a disability or health condition that requires adjustments during any element of the selection process please provide us with details of the adjustment you would require at the earliest opportunity. Where appropriate we will make adjustments to the selection process, working arrangements and/or the working environment provided it is reasonable in all the circumstances so to do.
This post is open to British citizens, nationals of the EEA or commonwealth citizens who have no time limit on their stay in the UK, and who have lived in the UK continuously for the past three years. Essex Police and Kent Police are an equal opportunities employer. Communications may be recorded for monitoring purposes.