Parexel Informatics develops technological innovations to make the process of drug development faster, more accurate, more productive and easier to track. Our dedicated Informatics group create industry-leading, integrated platforms to improve the way companies perform clinical trials, control and share data, track and report patient outcomes, and manage regulatory information. We are leading the way in the adoption of cloud technologies for clinical trials and is a Tier Zero Microsoft partner.
This role will be based at our modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links as well as a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company.
The Senior Project Manager will fill the role of a ScrumMaster and is responsible for the management and Agile leadership of teams supporting medium to large initiatives. The role will support a Release Train Engineer (RTE)/Program Manager in providing solutions for Parexel's clinical, regulatory and business users, including but not limited to new product introductions, product upgrades and software releases, upgrades to existing systems and ongoing support for existing solutions.
The ScrumMaster is responsible for ensuring that development teams consistently and incrementally deliver value. The role will employ critical thinking skills to identify impediments and risks and work with the larger organization to remove them, The ScrumMaster will use information radiators to enable the team to visualize and improve their own performance in all areas such as code quality, productivity and predictability.
Agile Methodology * Encourages the proliferation of Agile best practices between different teams.
- Mentors and coaches Agile teams and team facilitators.
- Measures the performance of Agile teams to identify improvement areas and executes necessary training/workshops.
- Help teams navigate Agile tools and software.
- Facilitate standard Agile events including daily standups, sprint planning, prioritization/grooming, and retrospectives.
- Help facilitate standard SAFe ceremonies including program increment planning, system demos and inspect and adapt workshops.
- Create and maintain information radiators and other metrics.
- Create and maintain team working agreements. Project Management
The management of projects, involving the development and implementation of business processes to meet identified business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality.
Release and Deployment
Coordinates the assessment, analysis, planning and design of release packages, including assessment of risk. Liaises with business and IT partners on release scheduling and communication of progress. Conducts post release reviews.
Identifies the communications needs of each stakeholder group in conjunction with business owners and subject matter experts. Translates communications / stakeholder engagement strategies into specific tasks. Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans. Negotiates with stakeholders at senior levels.
Business Risk Management
Carries out risk assessment within a defined functional or technical area of business. Uses consistent processes for identifying potential risk events, quantifying and documenting the probability of occurrence and the impact on the business.
Skills: * Business and financial acumen, with proven ability to manage scope, timeline, budget and risk.
- Outstanding organizational skills and time management skills, with ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated team-building experience
- Strong technical, analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to determine level and method of communication required for diverse audience
- Demonstrates significant levels of initiative and self-confidence, is adaptable and is able to cope with changing and evolving priorities while working in fast paced, time sensitive environment
- Solid proficiency in project management and Agile tools and methodologies, including Rally, MS Project, and knowledge of and ability to utilize implementation methodologies and deliverable templates (Resource Plan; Work Plan; Test Plan; Implementation Plan; etc.)
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and contribute in a team environment
- Developing ability to engage in Strategic thinking and decision making beyond the project level
- Ability to use tools such as MS Teams, Miro, etc. to create an effective remote working and meeting environment. Knowledge and Experience: * Minimum of 5 years proven project management experience, leveraging Agile methodologies, to manage large scale technology projects which include business process, technology and change management
- Minimum of 2 years of Scrum Master experience working with multiple teams in a complex environment
- Demonstrated history and success driving Agile maturity and innovation across teams to deliver value
- Advanced knowledge and practice of Agile Project Management methodologies; understanding of Scrum, Kanban and Scaled Agile methodologies preferred
- Management of global development teams in a matrixed environment
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Life-cycle
- Project Management experience in a regulated industry desired
- Demonstrated history of contributing to process improvements Education: * Degree in Business/Engineering or applicable discipline
- Agile Certification desired
- Scrum Master Certification desired
- Scaled Agile Certification desired
- PMP (or equivalent) Certification desired In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with Parexel.
Why Work at Parexel
There are pivotal moments in every career: Sharing new treatments. Improving processes. Delivering life-saving advances. The people who succeed are the ones who make the journey go further and faster every time. What if you had a partner to support you as you reach the next level in your professional path? A partner who believes a collaborative environment is key to achieving your goals? A partner who is dedicated to your health and wellness so you can help make a difference in the lives of millions worldwide?
That's Parexel. We're a diverse team of professionals focused on one goal: getting treatments into the hands of those who need them most. Working together, the results we bring to our clients and the opportunities we bring to our team get better with every step.
How can we help you on your journey? Find your path, and learn more on LinkedIn , YouTube , Facebook , Twitter , and Glassdoor .